Songs from the Past

Listening to songs from Windows media player that hubby has very thoughtfully put in. Also brought back memories of songs which we listened to earlier and its significance:

1. On the Wings of Love by Jeffrey Osbourne- top on the list is this song, which apparently Hubby liked to put on during those times when he was "courting" me (not that I let myself be courted ) but it was the "is he -isn't he interested in Shila seing that he is the last guy we'd say is interested in having a girlfriend" issue that was hotly debated by my classmates and his housemates. H, who, btw is now our next door neighbour, shared a house with hubby and told me to "PLEASE do something to stop him playing that song" ha ha ha.. Hubby gets like that when he likes any particular song - I imagine this is the real reason why he put it on so much rather than any deep connection with the lyrics.. but it was nice to know he liked that song. It's now "our song".

2. Just once by hmm dont know who- this was also what he liked at this time and he said it was in case I refused to go out with him. Refused? I actually bought the opera tickets ok, (story later) which led to basically, 5 noisy kids later.

3. Superwoman by Karyn White - who doesn't like this song? My kids are now singing it. This was also playing a lot when we were courting.

4. Selanjur Bercinta by Aishah- ok this was MY Choice to him -i actually sent him this tape - when he looked like he was taking his time to progress with the relationship- tsk my time is precious - hurry hurry he he he.

5. More than words - Extreme - boy was he mad about this song!! (was he telling me something?) - This was when he was at Harrington Drive, NOttingham , and housemates must have torn out their hair as he played the songs over and over again.

My office mate commented that when you are a couple, you tend to like the songs that your partner likes- I dont think so otherwise I would be mad over :

1. Alleycats
2. Zubir Ali
3. Sohaimi Meor Hassa (actually I like him)

Ok..time to do work...all 4 kids went to the dentist today with hubby (UKM dentist - they need kids to fill up the student's quota of how many kids' gigi they have looked at, and we save up on the moolah - good deal what.

Ok ok tata..

Comments

cumulonimbus said…
Just Once- James Ingram la.

Popular Posts