And now for the general rambling...[LONG ONE AND NO PICS]

Love getting presents - Did I tell you that I got a pair of scholl shoes for my anniversary. Husband’s choice. They are flat, black and very comfortable. They have – gasp! arch support. They would look good on an English school girl together with black tights and mini skirt. On me they look like they have been mistakenly shoved - I did not have the heart to tell him that I walk like an elephant when I'm not in heels – I actually do not wear flats unless with pants.

But I did moan that my feet have been aching- he examined them and pronounced that it was due to the high heels. I told him I can’t wear flat shoes with kebaya! Flatties are for slacks laaaa. He replied- then wear pants lah! Men. So simple. They don’t understand that huge bunions and throbbing feet have no connection whatsoever with heels! I don’t need a medical degree to know that! Hee hee hee.

I got him a wallet. A really nice one, I think. He said firstly, "I should not have gotten him anything", secondly, “but it was timely” as his wallet was coming apart (like I did not notice this) and thirdly, that I was "his wallet". To the last part I joked is it because I’m valuable to you or is it because I'm forever in your hip pockets or are you saying I'm empty and full of rubbish?? (ooops sorry that’s my wallet)

Hee hee hee.

Our daughter Dahlia also got us something. She gave us a wrapped present each…awww... Daddy got a RM1 pen and I got 80 sen pen. She takes food everyday from home so feels no need to buy anything to eat during recess. However she has cottoned on to the joys of shopping and comes home everyday from school with tales of treasures she wants from the tuck shop- like the erasers that look like a pair of pants and a shirt. (??) Anyway I was so touched that she had bought us presents that I overlooked her request for us to give her RM1.80 extra . Har har har.



Sophia slept late yesterday. Oh yes she was harrassing me about entering her into the Cheetah Gi*rls Contest by AST*O - she stayed up to surf the web- of COURSE I was telling her to go to sleep! She has the sweetest disposition and can out argue you so sweetly. I say "Sophia , go to sleep!" . "Ok Mummy, I just need to get online for a moment." or "Yes mummy, in 10 minuts." Was I like this I wonder ?? No wonder my parents in the end resorted to the "...because I am your father!" excuse - or "I mean NOW, young lady!"



Nadine has discovered that the honeymoon is well and truly over...she has A LOT of homework every night! The school is really all about getting 5As...and she has to compete with so many people. Bahasa Malaysia is SO HARD! She is getting so tall these days and I'm sure will hit puberty soon! Oh I am not ready!


Sara is enjoying school I think- going by the lack of bad stories - "fine" being the stock answer. Oh yes, she sent me this poem when I was in India- got sent to my old work place's email address and my former boss remarked on how talented she was.



a poem.by sara.



.. i will miss you, as tears spread everywhere,

i shall say this, now that ur gone, if i dare.

so i say fare well, and so long.

with a bit of bread and cream of tartar,

this was by, your fair sweet sara.


Nice eh?



My boy Johan has decided that the school now is not so bad after all. I have gone to see Ib's and Umar's school and its nice! Now what do we do??? Anyway will take Johan over to see the school - hope the first school will refund some money ! I don't want him to get bored of school before he even starts!
He's very whiny these days...I think maybe I'll take leave soon just to stay at home with him. Could it be that he's feeling neglected?


Yawn...no pics to post ....


Auntie Yot and Uncle Wahid came back from Haj - have to go and see!


Oh yes - one of my relatives, lost a husband very suddenly - leaving 3 kids aged 13 to 6- Now their grandparents age almost 80 taking care of them- mother is away in college at teh moment- Can't imagine they have an easy life. They told my mom "Abah kita dah takda"..kesian I tell you.


Hubby wants to give cash to them, but not too sure how to do it so that the mom is not offended or think we are giving charity. So what if charity right. We have so much to be thankful for. Am collecting toys,maybe books, to give to them. Anyone want to chip in?


er...that's the end of rambling but before I go:



HAPPY BIRTHDAY POL!!!




My baby brother is 35 today....

Comments

Dad of Four said…
Tell Sara it's really a nice poem! You've got a poet in the making....
yeah thanks...head in clouds not necessarily a bad thing eh?

Popular Posts