Our THursday

Yesterday was a first of many things for us as a family and me as a person.

We all went walking in the (not so early)morning. Thanks to Nadine's cross country race the next day, (adake they expect these kids to go running without any training or practise whatsoever) we thought we'd all go and accompany her as she jogs the route from her school around the area.

It was NO joke ok. I never realised that the house was so far from the school!:-) Thought about driving behind her but the car konked out so apart from walking as a family with her it became a lets -go -walk- to- the- mechanic- to -get -a -new- battery event. (I think hubby sabotaged the car heh heh)

Anyways there we were all 7 of us, Jojo included , walking along the zoo, along the housing areas etc. We brought along bottles of water. As expected, within 5 mins of walking (ie we could still see the house) Sophia wanted to drink.

I discovered that the girls with names starting with S are all like me. Sara and Sophia were moaning after a while. While Dahlia and Nadine were way ahead of us. Even Jojo ran on without me and left us weaklings behind.

There was a point when I could no longer see the girls but I was comforted by the thought that Dad was with them. However, when I turned the corner , there on the field was Daddy practising his golf swings with the umbrella we had brought, and the kids (Nadine and Dahlia) were way way ahead.

Paranoid me of course freaked out- what if a big mercedes stopped by and pushed my girls into the car (too many movies?) - so hubby then left his golf fantasy to chase after the too brave girls. By this time, Sophia was trailing behind, wanting to poo, wanting to drink, wanting to go home and telling me that she had actually forgotten to eat breakfast so now she is hungry and can we PLEASE go to that restaurant?? I felt the same way actually but since I had no one to moan to I had to be cheerful and go on- Johan and Sophia eventually picked up a stick each, and had fun the rest of the walk by drawing arrows in the sand- about 20 minutes later we reached the school!

Phew! off we went to the petrol station where everyone loaded on junkfood and mineral water. And then we "presented" some RM200 to the mechanic for a new battery. Then we got sent back in a nice VIOS , by the same mechanic....!

Back home, sad to say, we had lunch, and then went to sleep for 3 hours. Hehehe.

BUT! We redeemed ourselves by taking them to the playground near Felda- really cool although small field -this playground was next to an Arabic restaurant- so I drooled over the menu as the girls went on the swing. Hubby forbade us from ordering anything but he did stop by the BEST ROTICANAI stall in Gurney which really had very good roti chanai- very very crispy. We took along 7 roticanai to the pool with us, although half of it was devoured by these hungry kids .

At the pool I ventured near the gym while the kids frolicked. I had long eyed the gym but I had no idea HOW to use the machines! Finally I plucked up the courage to go and ask someone how to work the machines and had a go.

Whew! I was dripping pespiration , and thought I must have lost at least a kilo's worth! Then I looked down and it said time lapsed- 3 minutes. Har har har!!

Ok that was our day yesterday..fun and tiring. Must do it again.

Comments

Fulltime Mom said…
I know what you mean about the timer on the clock. Time moves extra slowly when you are on the machines.
Dad of Four said…
Welcome to the gym culture (?).....!

I'm totally amazed with them kids energy....I was knackered too yesterday after Langat.
Hi Fulltime Mom,

hope that wont be the last time...!
dad of four

ya know I did not know you have to move the cross country thingy yourself. I thought I had just got to stand on it heh heh
Dad of Four said…
Aiyoo....the cross trainer you mean? Try reversing the motion...Just learned it from a personal trainer.

Popular Posts