Sigh...have not managed to get the pix of our hectic (but fun) weekend uploaded yet. Spent the day at home with kiddies while husband golfed with friends, and I got cosy with a much more readable book, the Broker by J Grisham . (So readable in fact that I've finished it). Evening was spent with friends at a CNY open house (ie hubby late back from golf and rushing us to get going) and it was all in all , a slow, pleasant day. (Nadine asked me whether I'm done with Orhan Pamuk's Snow- I'm still going through it.It's at once sad and moving and depressing and stark and bleak.. Or is that because I have not finished the book yet? I feel grateful while reading the book that I am blessed with the ability to take my country, my peace and my religion, for granted) .
Oh yeah- six weird stuff about me. The rule goes like this:
Rules of the game: Each player of this game starts out by telling 6 weird things about themselves on their own blog, as well as state the rules clearly. At the end, you will need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list out their names. After you do that, leave them a comment on their blogs letting them know you tagged them.
I am tagging: Zu, Izreen, Aida, Izan , DadofFour, and Dijah okay....and if you have done it you just tag others lah!
1. Er yeah when I was about 4 I went to the Wet Market with my mom , then pregnant with my brother, and fed up with waiting for her to haggle over of all things, kuey teow, I went wandering off . Apparently I was then picked up by this lady who was all set to take me somewhere. I do remember being carried by a woman and bawling loudly. Then she dropped me somewhere, and someone else found me and took me to the police hut. Not properly kidnapped lar...but mom said at that time a lot of kids were taken over the border to be sold, and I was missing for a couple of hours.
2. Secondly, I cannot take hot food at ALL. I can't stand chillies. What makes it weird is that I married a man whose palate is clearly defective as he swallows birds eye chillies whole .
3. I love to eat milo. Do not tell my children.
4. I can bend my thumb really far backwards. Apparently this is weird according to my husband, as you are not supposed to be so flexible! Out of 5 kids, Sophia takes after me. On the other hand, all of them can roll their tongue (like their dad) and I can't.
5. I hate hate hate going to dentists...did I tell you I had a "fang" coming out of the roof of my mouth and I was taken to see several dentists to take it out and actually slapped one(got slapped right back by my dad, as I recall).
6. I cannot sleep in total silence or total darkness. The tv would be on all the time.
Hmm..seems very non weird to me.
Eventful life? Rather boring I'd say. Sheltered existence. Strict father. Kept telling me I'd thank him later. And you know what- I do.
Believe it or not I am rewatching Winter Sonata.. ee geram betul I dengan si Yujin tu lah... she really was a wutz wasn't she? and...
Friends are there to listen to you and bounce off ideas and help you solve dilemmas. I am lucky to have a very close group of friends who ...
HELLOOO!!! Update time ! One year after the last one!! I cannot believe I have been so lazy!! First update- the other half lost 26kg and is...