The Tag

Sigh...have not managed to get the pix of our hectic (but fun) weekend uploaded yet. Spent the day at home with kiddies while husband golfed with friends, and I got cosy with a much more readable book, the Broker by J Grisham . (So readable in fact that I've finished it). Evening was spent with friends at a CNY open house (ie hubby late back from golf and rushing us to get going) and it was all in all , a slow, pleasant day. (Nadine asked me whether I'm done with Orhan Pamuk's Snow- I'm still going through it.It's at once sad and moving and depressing and stark and bleak.. Or is that because I have not finished the book yet? I feel grateful while reading the book that I am blessed with the ability to take my country, my peace and my religion, for granted) .

Oh yeah- six weird stuff about me. The rule goes like this:

Rules of the game: Each player of this game starts out by telling 6 weird things about themselves on their own blog, as well as state the rules clearly. At the end, you will need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list out their names. After you do that, leave them a comment on their blogs letting them know you tagged them.

I am tagging: Zu, Izreen, Aida, Izan , DadofFour, and Dijah okay....and if you have done it you just tag others lah!

'Weird" stuff:

1. Er yeah when I was about 4 I went to the Wet Market with my mom , then pregnant with my brother, and fed up with waiting for her to haggle over of all things, kuey teow, I went wandering off . Apparently I was then picked up by this lady who was all set to take me somewhere. I do remember being carried by a woman and bawling loudly. Then she dropped me somewhere, and someone else found me and took me to the police hut. Not properly kidnapped lar...but mom said at that time a lot of kids were taken over the border to be sold, and I was missing for a couple of hours.

2. Secondly, I cannot take hot food at ALL. I can't stand chillies. What makes it weird is that I married a man whose palate is clearly defective as he swallows birds eye chillies whole .

3. I love to eat milo. Do not tell my children.

4. I can bend my thumb really far backwards. Apparently this is weird according to my husband, as you are not supposed to be so flexible! Out of 5 kids, Sophia takes after me. On the other hand, all of them can roll their tongue (like their dad) and I can't.

5. I hate hate hate going to dentists...did I tell you I had a "fang" coming out of the roof of my mouth and I was taken to see several dentists to take it out and actually slapped one(got slapped right back by my dad, as I recall).

6. I cannot sleep in total silence or total darkness. The tv would be on all the time.

Hmm..seems very non weird to me.

Eventful life? Rather boring I'd say. Sheltered existence. Strict father. Kept telling me I'd thank him later. And you know what- I do.

Comments

Anonymous said…
no one wants to tag the anon :(
hi anon..dont lah be so sad...ok, come on- 6 weird things abt you!
Anonymous said…
1. I went for a yoga class first time could so bendy things that some ppl took 3 years to do. But the stretchy things were hard.I went for 2 classes only.

2. I had immaginary friends growing up.

3. I do things fairly fast, downside i expect ppl to do the same for me. Also I get highly annoyed when people do not keep to their schedule especially when meeting up. If you cant make it let me know in advance. I could have done something else. This irrates me alot.

4. I am bad at the games i really like. Ex: golf,salsa and I think i just gotmy self on a softball team. Rang my mum who went you sure you can play. You are playing against big sized men !!!! hmhhh latest stress

5. I would like or would have liked to be famous not for silly things ala Paris Hilton and the gang but for something intellectual and would have then like to give my time and money to charity. Sheila does this qualify for weird ?

6. As a true blue member of the scales club i keep wishing and do my bit when possible so that the world would be fair. But its not.And never will be, but i keep hoping! Main reson i decided to move from the far east.


Thanks Sheila. Now be sure to give me feedback on my weirdness!

BTW: i used to eat milo and mix it with hot water to make a thick goo
Dad of Four said…
I used to lick Milo off my palm....all the time! Stopped it when Khadijah got a bit older
MRS.HUSIN said…
aiyah, kaklong.... my url is now combined with dadoffour's... how lah like tt?
hehehe...
anon:

1. Wow with your talent you shd have kept the yoga up !!

2.that is interesting. How do you know they are imaginary? Heh heh

3.Yeah lah but in Malaysia that happens a LOT LOT LOT..I get stressed like no one's business if I am going to be late but once Im late -hey what can we do right.

4. Good for you at least you are sporty!!

5. This is weird in this time and age. Noble though!

6. Is moving from far east helping?
Izan

Sorry lah. You are right
Dadof Four

Off the palm of your hand? Hmmm....Did you ever eat milo with crackers and condensed milk? Yummm
Dad of Four said…
Yes....! Heaps of Milo on the palm of my hand and lick them off! My god those were the days!

Popular Posts