Stop this Train!

My children are growing up too too fast..eeps.

Daughter No 1 came home asking permission to go on a trip to Terengganu with her other prefect friends. The trip covers 2 days and teachers will be going too. Instant reaction- No. reaction now- still no. Dad came home and daughter asked the same question and dad said , enthusiastically, "Yes!"

I don't know...I have reservations lar..On the one hand, I want her to be involved in her school activities. On the other hand, 80 kids on a bus, to some place which is hours from here. I mean, you hear of buses skidding, carrying school kids, and even the buses carrying our UMNO delegates rammed a lorry carrying steel rods or something like that right so as long as there are bus drivers who think they are on the race track rather than the highway then there is a risk of any untoward incidents happening to my baby.

I am thinking of going along as a volunteer. How about that for a compromise? I really really cannot see her going to TERENGGANU (read, end of earth as far as mummy's insticts are concerned) without me.

She is allready such a young lady allready...hard to imagine she was that tiny tiny 2.6 kilo baby who had to be vacuumed out and nearly had a major surgery for her umbilical hernia and anyway was instantly shoved into the special care baby unit at St John's in Chelmsford because she had jaundice..and now this lady is asking me if she can go to Terengganu,

Entahle..

Comments

Anonymous said…
12 already, give her some space. And don't go as Volunteer. I know I WOULD DIE if my mum had followed me on any trip when I was 12. We stayed 3 days in Melaka, also 5 days in Fraser's Hill. Boleh lah....

FTM.
Dad of Four said…
I know how you feel....Allowed Khadijah for "Programme Anak Angkat" last year held in Perak for 4/5 days....Initially I was reluctant to allow but hey they need space too and learn to be independent. Boy she learnt a lot that money can't buy!
dijah said…
hum..
Nadine would be fine.
she's quite independent [is zat correct becuz moi is a bit forgetful]-isn't she?

Popular Posts