Maid dilemma

What a pahlava, getting a maid eh.

We are soo reliant on maids... My maid has told me yonks ago that she was going home this year. She wanted to go back for good in June, but I told her I have not found anyone yet. Then I rashly said - Raya Haji you can go back.. and now its almost Raya Haji allready and I have not even made a single application!

I have actually seen several biodatas..but what with moving house, etc etc ,we never got around to choosing one. So now the only one that is left , according to Agensi Manisah, is this maid called Sutiari. She is 26 , husband is 30, not married,. youngest of SEVEN adek beradek and comes from Java- where all rajin maids come from. I don't actually remember booking her, but apparently the agent told me that this maid has been reserved for me. Today I told the agent that I'd like to see a less depressed looking maid holding a tray of glasses please and the agent said - aiyahh takda lagi lah. everyone is taken.

And by the way this lady has 2 children it turns out - and I now am supposed to interview her - I got her number . I passed the job to mom.

(Agency charging almost Rm6000 and the maid's pay is RM550. !!)

AT THE SAME TIME...

There is this local maid agency- ie local maids. called Pembantuanda. Pay him RM2000, and pay the maid RM500-RM600 and then bob's your uncle - the maid is yours. From any part of Malaysia.

So what do you think- local malaysian maid? Have to send her home once a month (hey we do that allready with Minah), have to buy her ubat and take her to doctor (do that with Minah also), have to pay her cash everymonth (yup, with Minah) - HEY MINAH your standard is like a local maid lah!

Anyway I called- sounds good but then there are no maids for the moment- mainly ibutunggal - divorceees...I can see my mom's Worry Cells activated. Sigh I have to have hubby wear blinkers lah like that. Alahai Im done worrying about hubby lah. He has not given my any reason to doubt him, or think that he's eyeing my maid or any other woman for that matter, and I do trust him when he says that he didnt call me from Jakarta for 3 entire days because he wanted to save money...heheheh.. Plus Im drop dead gorgeous what (hahhahahahah!) - Just discovered that my butt is almost 40 inches !!!! Yikes !!!!!! (my receptionist is a tailor who just took my measurements - ok some other day I'll tell you)

Eh eh how did I get to this topic pulak.. ok lah basically that is my dilemma...local or indon maid. Local, wait one month, Indon, wait 2 months. My office mate sorang ni has a brother who will go to Java and get you a maid for RM4000- within a month. Really ah?

And my maid still nak go back in December...

Comments

MAMAMIA said…
Another maid dilemma...

Kalau dapat macam Mary Poppins, bestkan?
Minahsongeh said…
Or Nanny Mc Phee
Mammamia & minahsongeh..

How I wish...\
But husband vetoed the idea of a local maid- kata dia depa lebih berani/....but indon maid pun apa kurangnye..kan kan kan
lala said…
Kahkahkah!!! shilak, shilak...yes, you are drop dead gorgeous!! don't worry, my butt is more than 40 inches!!!
mumsie said…
shila...find me one maid too!! pleaassssseeeeeee...

Popular Posts