Pointless Post

After 15 years of marriage, one thing remains true.

I cannot shop with my husband. Not real "I really want to buy something" kinda shop.

He drives me up the wall, and I make him go bonkers. THis post is not to demean my lovely husband in any way btw.

Hee hee hee.

The other nite I went home first, as he was in OT and was going to be late. The plan was we were going to go to I*Kea lah, looking for our replacement sofa- the old one is torn and beyond salvation (although I have not given up- and have also bought several DYLON shoe paints to paint over the set- we shall see) .

3 hours after I have reached home, he called from OT, saying he's just finished. It was nearly 9. I had showered, eaten, and was just feeling dozy, and I said er..you really want to go ah...I am kinda tired lah....

Then he said- do you want to go or dont you?

And I said- ok, actually , No. Can we go tomorrow.

He said- ah ok lah.

Ok , that is the end of that. Not quite- a nano second later he called again- "Sure you dont want to go?"

And that , in my husband's speak, is "Come here and get me woman I want to go to IKEA."

The sweetest thing about him is that he does not want to force you to do something you dont want and so he will go along with what you want but actually you got to read between the lines, to find out that he actually does not want what you want.

Anyway we reached IKEA, eventually (After I changed from my comfy buruk kaftan and dragged the kids (dressed in their most glam pyjamas) to IKEA- I cld only pray that we dont bump into anyone- as luck would have it we bumped into a couple of old friends)

We looked at our Ecto*rp Sofa - we had liked it from the catalogue- eh, tengok real life, tak lawa sangat- the picture in the catalogue was nicer somehow. But it was still nice. Then he said "You want or not?"

"Yeah, ok lah, after all we came here for Ect*orp, anyway right"

"Yeah, ok, if you want we can take it." He paused." What about this other model?" he pointed to other models

"Its ok I guess, but I thought we wanted Ecto*rp?"

"Ect*orp is not that great lah, but if you want - ok lah ok lah we get Ect*torp"

"Its not a question of what I wantlah! - you must like it too!. "Do you like it or not?"

"Its a bit faded lah..."

"Ok lah dont have to buy"

"But if you want we can get it. Ok lah we get it, after all you liked it what"

ARGHHHHHHHH!!

In the end , we did not get it.

But have to go through the entire dialogue to ascertain that no, neither of us minded that we did not take it.

We eventually found one (somewhere else) that we liked, a bit above our budget, but then he liked it too ("It's ok I guess" is good enough for me) so we decided to cancel the Raya open house for the set (heheheheheheheh!) But then to buy that set pun had to go through a lot of dialogue of "sure you want?" "I dont mind, if you want it" " Ok lah if you like it"....

Hehehehehehhe....

Comments

WANSHANA said…
Hahaha!! So funny!!!

I wonder if you guys go through the same rigmarole when you go out dining?

We always do that so that we can share our food -

"What are you having?"

"I don't know - if you're having the steak, then I'll take the chicken, unless YOU want the chicken?"

"I don't mind having the steak, but I think YOU want the steak? And you don't really like the chicken, right? So, I'll take the lamb", etc...

In the end, he ends up with his chicken rice, and I end up with my noodles...
OMY GAWD that is soo true! Heeheheheheh..chicken rice and noodles after all that..heh heh !

PS sharing food- of COURSE! Its the ultimate luxury for both of you to have the same dish kan? Tu lah..anak ramai...
mumsie said…
IKEA close what time arr? i suppose thats something to look forward to - shopping after 6!!
haaa..the day I went (Fridaynite) it shut at 11...so from half past nine to 11 lah ..my kids all went with a list in their hands...as if.

Popular Posts