Raya Preparations

So far the Raya Preparations is ....Nil

Unless you count the new sofa . And the new curtains- YAY! Thanks Auntie Yot- you pulled through....despite having to tend to my sick grandmother, my auntie plodded on with our curtains and gave it to us at about 1 am last nite and now we feel about as big as ants and I am definitely the most kejam mean niece ever. I did tell her to take it easy...but I think she got excited about the curtains as well.(yeahhh right). Her work is so neat and nice and she hemmed everything!! (*amazed tone*) .

Kids baju raya- well we have that pink outfits we did for the engagement - was thinking of wearing them. Husband has without consulting moi , ordered baju kebayas for my girls (but they're too small to wear kebaya lah!)and its cream. Then he came back one day with Johan's baju melayu - and its yellow. And he tells me I can wear my grey kebaya, And his baju melayu is pink I think

?????? Mana boleh!!! So not colour coordinated lah! Kan now the trend that mother father and kids are all decked out in one Karer only?? How lah, dad wears pink, mom in grey, kids in white and yellow? So funny like that. So I will see what I can do today. Plus we have to get their baju raya like teeshirts etc. Shopping for their clothes is best done without them- they have definite tastes ...

Comments

WANSHANA said…
Hi-5!!!

Pink is SOOOO the new black.

We're wearing pink on first day raya, too, insya Allah.

Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin. Hope you all have a fantabulous Raya.

Take care :-)
MAMAMIA said…
Your husband doesn't mind wearing pink? Pink is a No-No to my son. Last year we bought him a samping with a slight tinge of pink. He refused to wear it, he'd rather wear his samping sekolah instead...

Enjoy your last minute shopping...

Selamat Hari Raya & Maaf Zahir Batin...
Anonymous said…
aiyah... no need to be coloured co-ordinated. we are rarely colour co-ordinated one.... we jsut pick out what we like individually. :) and kebayas are ok what... even pink princess wears kebaya.

ftm
TRM said…
Nice what kebaya? - as long its not that tight Saloma-esque type. I must show you this indonesian kebaya my sis-in-law bought for D from Bandung...very interesting way of doing it. Its like a A-line sleeveless sheath dress inside and a kebaya chiffon coatie on top - so it still looks "kiddy".
Brands store in Curve has loads of clothes for your girls age and also Reject Shop in Jaya Supermarket - I noted a number of clothes for 5-9 year olds and affordable. Happy Raya To All Of You!

Popular Posts