Children's songs

My kids really like singing. Yesterday in the car they were all harmonising together to the songs of Umbrella, High School Musical., and other teeny boppy kind of songs. Yup, the DVD player in the car is still busted. No time lah to repair. Doesn't help that daddy does not think we need to repair it (except on long journeys when we are reminded of why we had to have a telly in the car in the first place).

Anyway in the midst of all this singing, I interrupted. Oi, I said, Johan is barely 5 lah, singlah some kiddies songs. Its been such a long time since we heard the "Wheels of the Bus" or the "Puff the Magic Dragon" or even "If you're happy and you know it". Singlah the song that Johan likes.

"Sing the song that Johan likes?" asked my daughters."Ok!"

And off they go singing "You're beautifoooolll" by James Blunt, and "Aku memang pencinta wanitaaa..." and then they rolled about, laughing hilariously.

We did get going on the kiddies songs though, I missed babies I tell them and I'm going to have another one just so that I can sing those songs to the baby. So, still giggling , they followed my lead with the Wheels of the Bus etc etc but of course it got modified- the wipers on the bus go swish swish swish etc and then the Sara on the bus goes fart fart fart..

I noticed that my son did enjoy those songs. He asked for 10 little Indians...so we sang that, (at the end of that Sara added: "ten little Indian boys...and Happy Deepavali to them!!"" Hissh we have a comedian in the family.

Old Mc Donald, If you're happy and you know it, touch your butt (yes, not in the original version I don't think)- I don't know about the kids but I had fun singing to those. My hubby said to me, "But Rihanna is teaching them alphabet- listen carefully to the song- "ella ella "a" "a" "a" ..."" (the comedian's father)

Hahaahahahaha....

Comments

Channel 11.5 said…
hehehehe. seronok baca pasal the kids!
tu lah you have to come over more often!

Popular Posts