Reflection (pre End of Year)

Takdalah apa sangat nak blog. Its already December and in about 3 weeks we would have reached the end of the year. It would have been my fourth year without being pregnant- (wow, achievement tu). Have I been a better person? Have I been a busier person? I wish I can say I'm ending the year in the Holy Land like my dear friend FTM (Thinking of you now, please don't panic, you will be fine) .Like someone I know said, Haji New York dah pergi, Haji Bombay Ive done, Haji proper I have yet to do. I.e, we had the money to go to all those places but not do the Haj.

Let's concentrate on the good stuff. I still have my husband and kids.And parents. A lot to be grateful for. We are all healthy except for husband who has been complaining of a viral illness since Sunday (physician, heal thyself, they say!) - Aiyoo teruk lah orang tua demam...grumpy sini sana. Air tumpah pun macam nak telan kita. (Tapi kejap je lah) .

Moved house- but still got to do the "fencing" of the house. I did not really think it was necessary , except that Nadine told me yesterday that she felt herself pushed while in bed, alone, at about 12 am. and she thought it was because she did not do her Isha prayers yet.. Sara complained that she was praying and herfeet were showing and then suddenly her sarong was pulled down. I must say that if it is supernatural it must be feeding off the energy left by my mom in law hahahahahah....

Anyway I asked my mom to call this Ustaz to do the cleaning of the house (from spirits etc) Husband is ok with the theory but cannot understand the pepper and the limau purut and the rock salt which the Holy man will sprinkle around the house as part of the cleaning process.

HIndraf- can I not say anything ? A very close friend of mine is Hindu. But one thing , I must have been living under a very small coconut shell as I never realised the Govt practised Arpatheid against the Indians. Sigh... why can't we all get along.....

Kids tuition- I discovered there is no intensive reading course that would take Johan for a month. So its up to mom lah...I tested the kids' knowledge of royal terms in the car the other day, and was thwarted by dad's silly jokes. Eg, I asked what is "gering" (royal for sick) and dad said "Dry" . What about "Semayam"(sitting) . Dad said it meant praying. And what about "bertitah"? (giving a royal speech. Dad said titah is something that only Permaisuri has (think about it - its very gross heheheheh) . By the end of the "lesson" the kids were laughing about and there goes my effort at being a cikgu cikgu. Ish .

Anyway we shall hope that one of them will be Sasterawan Negara and their BM standard will reach the skies. Inshallah. (While the others are of course, doctors).

Comments

Anonymous said…
PANIC!!!!

thanks & love u, ftm.....
Dad of 4+1 said…
SW tumpang lalu - FTM Selamat Mengerjakan Ibadah Haji, semoga haji yang mabrur!

DOF & fmly.

SW - Aiyoo....I have to take stock of myself now....

Popular Posts