Sleepless Night because....



Am reading this book called "Made in America"- Once I pick up a book, I don't put it down until I (a) finish it or (b) nod off or (c) get honked by the car at the back.




It's by Bill Bryson and it's about americanism...language , history , style, trend Americanism, America the State, and how it all began. Although we have not been taught American history in school, you know, we know more that we think we do. I bet we have all heard the words "Four scores and 7 years ago...." and I'm sure we know that 4th July is celebrated as the Independence Day of the states. What is interesting is Bill , in his very selamba- dok style, explained how it all began despite all the hype that we got. For example, its not the 4th but the 2nd of July. And you know the story abt George Washington and the one where he cut down the cherry tree (I cannot tell a lie) - well apparently that was all made up! A fake!


And it is very interesting to find out the origins of words we have become so used to - like "OK" (first used in 1839) and the dollar sign.. and did you know that the word "Lengthy " and "influential" are all american?


Ok stop yawning. Its in-te-rest-ing, I tell you . Anyway I could not sleep last night. At 1 in the morning I I pulak yang terkebil kebil....worry about my friend who's off to Haj today- ALL THE BEST TO YOU!!!


Apart from the book I also caught up with Grey's Anatomy (seriously that Meredith's whine...ish at 2 a.m it can get to you) - and Heroes (eh what what happened?) and also HEy PAULA- and I LiKE paula!! She's fun! Although a bit of a diva- what the heck , she cannot travel unless in comfortable jeans and she got mad at her assistant for not packing the jeans she liked - oh well she IS Paula, can afford to be DIva.

Eh ok lah. It IS still working hours (although can I say that I wrote this ages ago at home??)


Anyway take care, have a nice weekend.



Oh yeah





- missing my brother. How are you?

Comments

Seeking Solace said…
Errr.... who's Paula???
Paula is Paula Abdul!

Popular Posts