Last Saturday the kids' school had a taklimat briefing for new parents from 9-11, and then, class club formation at half past 11. Being very kiasu parents, (not), we missed the 9-11 briefing. Actually we were tired out lah and lazed around getting ready for the 9 o'clock meeting. By 11 we were ready. Hahahaha

Anyway came just in time to attend briefing on how each class has a class club, ie the parents club . Parents , with very minimal involvement by school, get together and form a club where they do stuff like paint the class, replace carpets, buy books , arrange for trips. The idea is the parents take active interest in the kids' education and wellbeing in the class. Time and Time again the emphasis was on "no cost to the school"., While the idea is good, anyway there are only about 15-20 kids average per class, I can't help thinking that the school is passing the buck. I hope I'm wrong and I know I am the only one thinking this but I hope this will be in addition to and not replacement of whatever activities the school should do for the kids.

The school IS arranging stuff for the kids, I know. I just got a newsletter telling me Year 4,5 & 6 will have a Qiyam this Friday night. I have never attended a Qiyam in my life and that is since I tak attend schools like Adni hahahahaha. Anyway Sara is the one affected so she will of course be going. Also there are "PUTERI" clubs, Sports Day (allready? Its only Jan!) arranged for February . Nadine tells me every one has to join their shabbab and kebab uniform units- No lah Im taking the mickey. Its called Shabbah and something- something like cadet. She is in Batallion 2 platoon 3 (no kidding ok) .

She wanted to join netball, but now opts for bola baling which I can't for the life of me, translate. Volleyball? That's bola tampar. Bola baling is....? Baling bola aku tau lah.

She is looking forward also to joining Tennis, after I tell her that people who want to learn tennis but whose parents have never taught them, pun can join.

Sara & the gang has taekwondo and I have to get the girls new muslimah swimwear..Eh why lah after all the girls swim with no boys around what....bikini also can right....Businesswomen outthere---there is a market for muslimah riadah/sports wear ok!!! Where do I blardie get long sleeve tshirts anyway?? And why do they insist on it when their school cannot supply it until March??? Pelik bin ajaib.

I suppose I'm grumbling because the school is forcing parents to take active part in the kids activities at least in terms of making us pay for this and that..and I thought naively that I can just pay their fees and leave all of this to the school ..heheheh...but I do enjoy it, I do welcome it and I have always, always with hubby , wanted to be more involved in the kids' lives..

Now that I get it, It takes a while adjusting to it. biasalahkannnnnnnn...


Oh by the way I am now the chairman of 2 BIruni class club. Now I have to call all the other parents for meetings etc...sigh....Yah DadofFive- I know you are chairman of Ib's class oso!

Comments

Dad of 4+1 said…
Bola Baling = Hand Ball

My first meeting will be this Saturday...: )
Thanks Haq!

How did it go?

Popular Posts