What we did on Thaipussam...

Semalam what did you do?

As it was Thaipusam, I thought I'd google it and tell my kids what the holiday was about. Nooo it was not about jams galore or people piercing themselves mindlessly...but about Hindu devotees doing something to commemorate a holy event. It really is fantastic how they can pierce themselves like that...

We stayed at home until about 4 as Dad had to conduct exams for his 3rd year/5th year (I forget which this time) students. He came back and we all got ready to go to Midvalley Megamall. But then hubby had to leave again as someone had had an accident and was going to be referred to the new hospital. Really? From gomen to Princecourt? Really? Who IS this moneybucks?

But since we all showed such a looooooong face to Dad while he was going out- (ok it was me, hanging on the grill whining "but today is a holidayyyy" that did it), Dad decided to take us all to princecourt with him and get us to wait for him for "a while" , and when he is done, we can all go to wherever lah.

Hahahhahahahahha...a "while" my eye. Padan muka kita, we waited three hours ok. One hour was in princecourt itself, with me and 5 kids exploring the place, discovering a TarikCafe , eating cakes etc , discovering the new ATM machine (wooohooo!) and finding out where the playground is. 2 or 3 trips to the loo . Bumped into Uncle A and his wife, dad's brother, and when I told hubby later (of course I was amazed - I mean the hospital ain't even open yet and what is my UNCLE doing there?) Hubby smiled at me mysteriously and then when I shamelessly grilled him he quoted some rubbish about having a duty to keep things secret and its up to the tuan punya badan to tell . Hmph. I totally understand lah of course . But when he reached for my hand I could not resist saying "sorry rasanye tuan punya badan tak nak bagi lah tangan hahahahahaha"...Ok Im a prat.

The other 2 hours , we spent in the car watching Lords of the Ring- Return of the King. The kids had never had the patience to watch it, after all, its so dark . But watched it they did and Johan even came up with remarks like "punch his face in!" (i.e Gollum-violent tendencies?) and he cried when the good guys finally got a break (the part where the eagles came to help gandalf etc fight the deathbirds) he was keen to tell me- "Tears of Joy!" - sigh I think mykids are melodramatic .

ANyway Dad came back in the end, and , talking on the phone throughout to various patients/friends , we went straight to McD and then home....exhausted!!!

Oh and we finally got antibiotics for Sophia...and the GP told us off for waiting for so long. Tulah!!


I just re-read this post..my life is SO BORING!!! Arh nebemaind lah...

Comments

WANSHANA said…
Hmmmm...macam familiar aje cerita you ni...

Oh yes - we sometimes do that, too - stuck at the hospital, while waiting for Haizal to finish his work, sampai lah segala kedai dah tutup!

But somehow, it's better than being stucked at home, I guess? Hospital pun, hospital lah... Hehehe!
Lan0stZz said…
manader boring kak sheila!!! its fun.hanging out with your kids are just so best and i kalau baca blog u i look forward to wat they're up to..they're just full of personalities and smarttttttt bangat and of course melodramatic haha. so ur life's not boring dear coz u're always among cool ppl ie your 5 darling children :) keep on writing!

Popular Posts