The tree

Drama!!!!

The BIG Tree on the vacant land behind our house- fell onto the roof of the house yesterday!! A very very very TALL tree, by the way.

It fell on the manggis tree (the one heavy with fruits) and MPAJ are now on my roof cutting the tree down.

I was still at the office at 8 pm (waiting for HRH Hubby) when the kids called to tell him.

Naine was having a bath, the maid was cleaning the fan, Johan was playing , Dahlia was in her room, and Sophia was watching TV. ALHAMDULILLAH none of them were hurt. Although the roof bocor lah.

Kecian.....the manggis tree tu baaaaaaaaaaru lah I pasang angan-angan nak rasa buah dia....Last year buah kena "pau" dengan contractor...this year a tree pulaak fell on it. Sigh. Tadi Dahlia and I watched MPAJ cut the branches and I said "the tree is crying" and Dahlia said "yah that's why it's wet" (that was dew actually)

Early in the morning the owner of the land (and half of the neighbourhood and the man I hear is chieflyresponsible for selling land behind the zoo to developers) came to look at the damage. His land maahhh. And there are a LOT more trees just waiting to fall. The contractor told me I should complain and get him to cut the trees down.

But you know, I LIKE the trees. Make me forget that we are actually so CLOSE to the city . Open the window and you see the "jungle" - real tak? Hehehhe...And! They were there first. And if I were the landowner I would say - hey too bad lah you go and build house there why lah. Next time you build far away lah.

But I do take the point- next time some one could get hurt ..kan.

So we'll see lah. Now Mom is here, ordering the contractors about and asking them to spare the manggis tree's life... Mom, mom, I truly do not know what I would do if you are not here to help me you know...

Ok today v busy...still got work to do though...byeeeeeeeeeee

Comments

Madam Tai Tai said…
Yikes!! Kesiannya roof you bocor. Hope all matters can be settled and roof fixed before you fly off to GC. (Btw, when is that?)

And..thank God no one is injured.
Hi MTT

flight tomorrow at 10 hence leaving at 6.

Yah, roof bocor but not so bad I think - had to happen today of course.
wanshana said…
Syukur alhamdulillah nobody was hurt.

Hope everything will be sorted today. Is the roof being repaired today or is your Mom overseeing all the work to repair the roof while you're gone?

Anyway, hope this glitch will not affect your GC trip.

Take care, and have G'days Down Under, mate ;)
Hi Shana!!!

Just got home....

Popular Posts