Weekend Report

They really should make weekends a 4 day affair. As I write I wish I can be on leave again today. It's been a mad weekend.

First, COUSIN SHEZ got married! Yay! The nikah was on Saturday morning, she looked gorgeous, of course,the dulang hantarans were gorgeous, the men sent things on huge deep trays surrounded by colourful roses and other flowers! We'd like to think they folllowed our style of hantaran..heh heh perasanssss....

Then, went to tahlil - came home and had a bath and then went off to girls only tahlil- and was late . Nasib baik tak duduk luar je. Arrived late but was also among the last to leave. Ok,WAS the last to leave. With Y, former neighbour, This tahlil was organised at Auntie S's house, I used to live in front of her house. Met a lot of veterans. One of them was Datuk Ainum the former AG. I truly wish that I know all of these distinguished ppl - so that instead of looking blur I can say- Oh , Datuk weren't you with Laura Ashley after you left the SC? Cheh wah...instead, Y and I asked each other- who the heck ??? Knowledge is Power! You are the first woman to be the AG, and these 2 chits did not recognise you! Kids nowadays...(is what I imagine her saying)

Sunday- Hubby got sick. Throat hurts. Hurts to swallow. Walks around slowly. Kesiannnnn bushuk. Makan taknak, apa taknak. Fed him bubur and sup. Supposed to go to futsal, tak jadi. Afternoon, with kids - trying to force them to study. I mean I sound like a broken record lah. It's not that I want them to study 247 but at least 20 mins? Sara siap mandikan kuching punyalah taknak belajar.

Oh yeah, they were v sick on Friday. We came home to find out that my sisin law had to take Sophia back early when the school called to say Sophia was sick. Sara was allready at home ponteng as she threw up in the morning. Happy to report that they are both well today.

Sunday night- Shez's wedding at the S*imeD*rby convention centre. Very the glam. A bit chaotic in the beginning - loads of ppl arriving and given table but then deciding to sit willy nilly. Biasa lar...

A bit kecoh abt where the Undang is supposed to be led to. I had been informed by CousinFaisal head honcho, that hubby and I were supposed to lead the undang from their VIP room, to the front of the pelamin for them to terus tepung tawar . Tapi, the Bride's uncle from mummy's side, plus my aunties terruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusss bawak them from VIP room to their table, and NOT to the allotted chairs in front of the pelamin. Hello, I don't know ok auntie and uncle- I was behind them. And anyway your brother led them what so don't lah marah I..


. Did you know that the Undang and my father are second cousins. The fathers were first cousins, the grandparents were brothers. We are royalty man! :-) Hubby balik awal sebab demam....

Ok now to wake the kiddies for school....byeee

Comments

Madam Tai Tai said…
Hi SW, padan la you were acting like a princess! Rupa-rupanya memang you ARE Princess Shishila! Ampun tuanku.. :-)

Btw, what do you take arr to keep up with the hectic lifestyle you have ni? Ya Allah..baca aje dah penat belum membuatnya lagi!
I say, dont lah perli..not nice one...your life is so jetsetting :-)
Anonymous said…
Shishila Surya - Redza Rafiq @ Mamba (your A-Levels classmate) here....Didn't know you could write so much (prolific la...) - Fuyyo...

BTW, my wife Shaz is a (silent) reader of your blog....
Hi, how you figure out its me lah....habih habihhhh ..banyak lah aku kena edit...heheheheh (no lah kidding)

PPl- this is my friend who called me tiga suku....btw...

Hi Shaz!
Shazelina said…
Hi...

When I read bout ur "tiga suku" comment, I sort of figured out who you were referring to .... so typical of him.

Then I paksa him to take a look at ur blog to confirm...apparently my instincts were spot on.

BTW, very engaging blog which I can relate to....

Popular Posts