Happy Father's Day!!

A very Happy Father's Day goes out to a fantastic Husband and a wonderful Daddy to the kiddoes- who is now in Bangkok pining for me (I wish) - I mean, who is now in Bangkok looking at how the Siamese do it. Cut people up , I mean. Who has been away from Thursday and coming back tomorrow. Come back soon honey, everyone misses you. and of COURSE I trust you..what was I thinking when I told you not to go see all those "Tiger" shows . :-)

In honour of this day, I was thinking of sending flowers to the hotel but then he'd have to bring it back and maybe a hassle. Anyway while I ponder whether I should do that or not, here's a poem to say how much we appreciate you..(It's homemade so tak rhyme, sorry)

Today I want to say Thank you for being such a great dad
For, without asking for payment
or being nagged (much)
you have :
Changed nappies, helped them burp
woken up when I was flat
letting them treat you like a park
riding your back tirelessly,
Always given your best

As they grow, you have been :
the calm one when they puke all over
refusing to take to the doctor
the minder when mummy wanted a nice bath , a break
from chatttering toddlers pulling at my leg!

And now, they love you for:
Being the one who'd give them chewing gum
when its definitely on mummy's never-buy list
Taking them to the rides at the theme park
when mummy resists
taking them kite flying
and bike riding

And thank you for you have:
Never shirked from your daddies' duties
which has included taking them for a haircut
or sending them to camp
or picking them up from school
or geting various stuff they need

Thank you for being such a wonderful father
Thank Allah for sending you to us.

Comments

fififuad said…
Happy Faher's Day Epi!!..
.. patutla his mobile 'out of service' the last few days ;).. Don't worry Shila, I am sure he will not do aything naughty! Too busy seing how 'it is done' in Bangkok, mah... Fifi x
Hi Fifi! Happy Daddy's day to Abar as well! Sorry to hear abt the news, by the way. Kisses to Farah and Adam
MrsNordin said…
That's a lovely poem, SW. I like it. After reading that, I know he's a Super-Dee-Duper Dad (like how Barney says it!). So, just give him a little bit more credit, will you? He won't anything silly in Bangkok lah.. Even if he did, so what? It doesn't change his feelings for you. I've seen that show once with MrNordin ~ it's more yuck! than wow! So, don't worry, ok?
Lan0stZz said…
aww that is such a sweet poem kak shila. happy fathers day to u che'pi!
NUR said…
Happy Father's Day Epi!!
and a nice poem too kak shila!!
Hi MrsN
Oh ye ke..yuck ke? Curious gak heh heh...

Anyway Happy Father's Day to MrN! How was it?
Thanks Noni! Poem tak rhyme sorry
Lana...Happy Father's Day to Emi!!!

Popular Posts