Time for Change

Today (yesterday) my table was taken away from the room- no not as punishment for coming back late from lunch. heh heh.but because we are moving - from in front of Pavillion, to somewhere near the Weld . The office is now being stripped down, and for half a day semalam and today and tomorrow until lah Friday, I will be sitting on the floor. takpalah,nak sangat rasa macam work from home...heh heh heh !!

The move is a sad one for the office, having been in the same place for the last 11 years...a historic move. Rising costs and also increasing traffic problems. New office quieter. Nice , I was told. Although a heck of a lot further from pavillion. Just when I was starting to think that a grand was cheap for a Coach handbag..

Yah, values tend to change a teeny bit when you are surrounded by luxury items paraded as if it is the absolutely normal thing to do, to buy one. Semalam went to see Coach sale...unfortunately I still do not fancy fabric handbags sangat..yang murah (hah) banyak fabric or besar. or buckle kiri kanan. Tunggu Prada bukak okkkkkkk....

Nanti my new office laaaaaaaaaaaagi jauh daripada Pavillion...jeng jeng jeng....I'm moving out of this current firm..after 2 years..joining a dear old friend - smaller firm set up (there will only be 2 partners including me) and no lawyers. The theory being, more time for me to spend on the kids, but I have yet to hear of my new partner to be coming home earlier than 8! You may have read his blog- dad of four plus one?

I will miss my galpals of course.....work is all about the ppl you meet and the friends you make...but I'm ready for this next stage in life as in- independence. Can friends work together? We go back 2 decades, he was my classmate, and we were neighbours until I moved and he is even related to Hubby....but, will we fall out??? We shall see..I think ok kot...I'm such a lovely person what hahahah..more like my friend is such a sabar person. to deal with my kelam kabutness!! (Hope he knows Im very kelamkabut). Our respective spouses are so supportive - they're our silent partners hahahahaha.

On the topic of change...now cannot use KL Plaza anymore...dulu beli membershiip of BerjayaVacation, get to use the club facilities..Not a bad club actually, the kids love the pool, there's a gym and sauna and table tennis etc. But 1st July onwards, tak leh dah.

Kebetulan we found out that the club at AmpangJaya was selling their membership at promotional price...so pikir punya pikir..join lah
.
Kids pulak..came back with such good results from Adni..no 1 for Nadine and Dahllia and no 4 or 5 for the rest...I tumpang happy but I note with concern that their marks could be higher..and if sekolah kebangsaan yang dulu, dah corot kot..tapi takpa kita positif right...I should be proud since they had to catch up on Arab and etc that they did not take - new this year kan...but I hope they themselves will strive to do better, Its not about the marks, its about understanding what you have learnt. So says the Queen of Last minute study

Ok got to go sleep lah..tata...

Comments

wanshana said…
Good Luck with the move!

One kelam-kabut partner, one the very calm one....Perfect combination! I'm sure it'll work fine (MORE than fine, in fact)

After you've joined him, baru lah Dad-of-4+1 boleh balik before 8pm kot?!!! Now ni he's doing everything single-handedly maaa...

And Congrats to the kids!
MrsNordin said…
With your new job, we can meet more often and you wouldn't have to keep on checking on the time whenever we go out for lunch!
aida yurani said…
now you defntly kena depend to abg faisal to fetch you. I tak lalu dah your office. Hehehehe.

Take care kaklong. Nanti read my email please.
ms hart said…
SW, in life there's certain time to do certain things,kan? Congrats on your decision and all the best! I suppose partnership between a male friend and a girl friend, what more like you two - family friends - will work, InsyaAllah. I notice kalau guys, payah sikit sebab guys esp lawyers, selalunya ambitious nak rak, pas tu nak things move on fast, pas tu gaduh pasal profit! Tu yang I tahulah. Tak semua,kan? Between sesama pompuan pulak, masalah remeh-temeh entah apa-apa. So I think you and Do4+1 will do just fine. Amin. Maybe after you join him, he has more time to blog?! ha ha..tell him, blog dia bersawang ya amat!!
Madam Tai Tai said…
SW and MrsN,

So bila can we plan for our "KL Getaway" ni? Can go before SW starts at her new place ke?

MrsN, have you checked out the corporate rate for Westin or Marriott or Trader's?

Bila nak gi ni????!!
maklang said…
selamat berpindah randah...

moga lebih cerita di office baru...
Wanshana- thanks ! Kids are settling in in their new school, alhamdulillah...U r right...one very calm partner.
Aida- what email lah?
Mrs Hart- yah I told him what you said abt the sawang haha! Here's hoping we both can spread the work so we both can have more time for our 10 kids!! (between us) Thanks for the doa...
Madam Taitai- I start immediately so how? But looking forward to it!Ada spa tak?
Maklang- Hi! Thanks for dropping by ...yah, will post (heavily edited) stories from new place hehehehehehe- boss also blogs mah...! hahaha
thankfulme said…
Mahal ya bag Coach? Macam beli coach keretapi...
Moonstone said…
hi, been reading your blog for quite a while.. you are one funny woman! and the best thing about you is you are true to yourself, it shows from your writing.. keep it up! and good luck!
Hi Moonstone- tried to reply last nite but something wrong with blogger /streamyx. Anyway thanks very much for your kind words- and also thanks for dropping by - hope you'll stick around and not get too bored...!
Thankful me- kan? Baik beli keretapi terus! Heh heh
MRs Nordn- let me know. I have to treat you coffee - too!

Popular Posts