Possible broken leg

I am not much of an animal person. I mean, I don't fuss over them, I don't hug the cats or buy them bells or what. I fuss over my kids and my kids fuss over the cats.

I have a BIG MUMMY cat who has given birth 6 months ago to 4 boy cats- one white, one tompok ginger and white, one ginger and one grey stripy (which disappeared one day!). Then the mummy cat - Brownie, met yet another boyfriend - (her social life!!) totally black. She got pregnant again and 2weeks ago out popped 7 kittens.

2 died soon after and now I have 5 . They are all due for a visit to the vet.

Anyway this morning, Nadine stepped (accidentally) on one of the boy cats-Friskie they call him (Hubby said that's a good name for the mom) - we thought it was ok but then upon closer inspection, we saw that the hindleg was injured and there was a gash- can see the bone!! Yikes!!

Terus lari pi vet unfortunately the vet opens only at nine..

You know, Hubby and I were cooing in the car to this box, where we had put the cat into, and telling him that everything will be ok.

The vet said that it may be broken- its very swollen at any rate. And she'll keep him in one night.

Nak balik we had to say bye bye and felt really sorry that the cat will be left at some strange clinic.

So..I guess we are cat people after all huh....:-)

Comments

MrsNordin said…
Don't you know already, Cat Woman?

I think the kitten will be ok at the vet. I remember the first time I had to admit my cat at the vet because that fella had decided to commit suicide by jumping over the balcony of my 11th floor apt, I was shattered. I worried for that little fella (named Justin) and petang2 after work, I'd go and visit him just to see how he was doing ~ macam tengok orang sakit kat hospital lah.

So petang ni, you do the same. Bring the kids to the vet to see the cat. They'll love it!
Ha-ah ek??Macam tak biasa! I suppose I have not been thinking of us as cat owners. (!!!) More like hosts to them sebab they live and eat at my house. But I felt soo upset this morning!Thanks for your advice!
fifi said…
Hope Friskie is better! Sediiiih wo kucing sakit. I remember bawling my eyes out when we had to leave Pirate at the 'cat hotel' for the first time, haha!Cats are pretty resilient, I am sure he will be fine, InsyaAllah. Did you know Putra had his big toe amputated few weeks ago, tapi pasal septic la..
G'luck, re: new job! Hope the Serena tak meragam dah.
Hi fifi- update- it was only soft tissue injury nothing is broken. However he has to stay in for abt 5 days to recover .

On another bad note- another kitten died. we have no clue why.
MrsNordin said…
I think, the other kitten died sebab ramai sangat adik beradik dia. Competition is tough for the mummy's milk, and only the strong ones survive.. It's ok. I'm sure he's in heaven now... :)

Btw, how do you cope seeing the dead kitties? I've never gone through such experience before though I've been a cat owner for almost 10 years now. Must be sad, huh? Traumatic?
MrsN- your reason could well be true...undernourished. I feel so guilty

I have never seen a dead kitten. Thank GOd. Because I am very squeamish. Kan haritu Jab nak tunjuk I go and hide under pillow. But I get verrry sad...jiwa penyayang. Traumatic? Kids read yassin for them the other day.

Popular Posts