Saturday Evening - the Reunion

Thanks to my former flatmates for trekking all the way to my neck of the woods yesterday ... we had planned a barbecue after our short lunch ..sooo looking forward to the get together- I'm sure our husbands were wondering - eh baruuu je jumpa..Lunch is not enough time ok..

Anyways husband at the last minute was on call for another doc. As he was the chief arsonist /pyromaniac of the family (ha ha) , his absence would mean no one to bakar bakar bbq- Quick call to our local caterer disclose that she cannot spare her 2 wonderful young men who usually help with our tea parties.

So menu was changed (many many MANY times) - in the end it was simple soto and rendang, kuah kacang, lodeh and various kueh. Husband expected me to cook , as he had to again, leave for some very inconsiderate patient who decided to be admitted hari tu jugak - oi orang ada function la! Me cook? Horrors! Nasib baik jadiiiikk.... But really need to get that second car - with him gone I couldn't go get so many stuff I wanted! My roast chickens from Ayamas,my pegedils, my satay, my cillies, my etc etc ...Grr I did offer to send the guy- he said no.

First guest was SZS with her husband R- I was upstairs just about to pray when they arrived- and hoped that husband can usher them in- sorry guys. Yes, R you really do not look your age at all!!

Everyone turned up- thanks guys. Thanks to SZS for her beautiful cupcakes and brownies - to AR for the VicSpongeCake, to L for her chocolate cake (I nak 2 ye, for Raya- I have told your husband- its really nice and dark with choc curls on top) - to T for your caramel yang memang dalam list of "to buy" (not "to do" ok sbb tak reti) and also to SS for her kueh bakar berlauk yang first time I makan!

Our husbands were such sports and looked like they got along with each other - it's amazing that the same group of kids 20 years ago now have such interesting careers! SZS and her husband are both litigators (ie "real" lawyers ha ha- the amount of time I tell people I'm a lawyer and they say - "so you go to court?"-!) AR deals with buying and selling companies - wooooaahhhh..penting tu.!! L scares the bejeebers out of other departments (internal audit! ) SS is a senior lecturer at a prominent college university- waaah ko mengajar, ye. T is a major honcho in a major transportation company- ada chance bagi kerja tak T?

And me? the most boring....Mother of five...dabbling in law (but first, mother of five) I tell you Johan was so excited ramai boys datang. He asked - who's birthday is it? it was that many kids..Should have done party packs ek??

I really had a good time...tak cukup masa borak ...Sampai anak L dah muntah muntah mama dia masih kena tahan nak borak he heh. Sorry ye...

When's the next lunch? Call me 'k!

Satu gambar pun tarak can you believe it!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts