Langkawi trek...

So we are now back from Langkawi

Never drive if you are going to be there for less than a week. I am still recovering from it, and I wasn't even the driver!

The drive to Sg Petani (where we spent the night -thanks Mak Ngah) and then further to Kuala Perlis , was very scenic indeed- green and yellow paddy fields as far as the eye can see, against the backdrop of rolling hills...very beautiful. But it ain't near, ok, and 9 ppl in my trustee Serena, with bags, cushions, quilts, food, etc- we were crammed to the hilt.

Anyway, we broke the journey on Thursday night (or rather, friday early morning). Of course, the plus side was my MakNgah fed us verrry well...I was still munching on her karipap 2 days later (mom insists it was still ok)

We broke for Friday prayers somewhere in Perlis. Then went for lunch at Kangar..where we discovered that

1. There are no Mc Ds in Perlis
2. There are 2 KFC, however.
3. Plus, adek beradek KFC, iaitu, Pizzahut, and Ayamas

then we caught the ferry- which involved dragging all the bags - I made all my children carry their own bags ok- each has one with their clothes (ok- Johan carrying only half of his clothes- the other half with me) - and also involved a lot of rushing.

Sampai je...we got on our Touareg - ahahaha..I wish! No we got on our Ford Spectron (which was lovely and BIG!!!!) and headed out to Sheraton Langkawi

If we had not stayed at Berjaya Langkawi resort before we would have been more enthralled with the place. The resort was set among lush rainforest, and there are hills and slopes everywhere and it sloped towards the sea, and was rather fancy. But!! Big turn off for us and my poor dad's knees-you have to get a van to send you to your room, ala Berjaya Langkawi lah.

No need to go to the gym as the entire resort is an obstacle course.

Anyway makan at Cocobeach -very near the airport- and by the beach. Good food except the babykailan ikan masin looked suspiciously like kubis and udang. And ikan jenahak dia maaaacam ikan siakap.

Next day hubby's talk- suited up, he left the room in the early hours of the morning. I was awake , having been kicked by Johan. Talk was fine, he said, and we all went off to Kuah by 5 . Siang tu, pi buffet breakfast - ada ke makan grilled beef for breakkie...nangis my trainer karang.
then, pi pool. Dad was hungry but refused to eat at the hotel- too expensive kata dia- ye lah,. as a Malaysian would you pay RM37 for nasi goreng...? I would but then my mom said I have no qualms spending (wasting, she said) money on stuff like food, hotels, travel etc, but I balk at paying for say- baju or furniture or other material things. She is absolutely right. I am a totally kedekut person when it comes to my own stuff but I will spend happily for things like hotels and spas and restaurants!

So we all went to look for food and also sudumudu and pinggan mangkuk at Kuah..Haji Ismail Group - the famous duty free shop. I told mom- Ikea lagi lawa lah mom...plus I do not want to lug around my Correlle back on the ferry- so no thanks, next time je lah I beli. But they ARE cheap, you know.


The Sunday...we all went for breakfast, rushed to go to the pool- and the beach...and then rushed to pack and rushed to go to the ferry and rushed to reach home before midnight..we failed on that part as we arrived at 2 a.m.

Sigh PENAT DEN TAU!!!

Comments

Madam Tai Tai said…
SW, I tak pergi and only baca pun terasa penatnya! Penat but worth it, kan?

Sheraton Langkawi doesn't really have a nice beachkan? I only like it for its tranquility and its distance to the town. Other than that tak lah best sangat hotel tu. But kalau beri free stay, duduk jugak lah!
thankfulme said…
Agree with Madame...sungguh penat baca this entry.
Hi MadamTaitai and thankful me

ni "abridged version" ni! hehee..kesimpulan nye...janganlah contohi saya...
MAMAMIA said…
At least U dah sampai ke Langkawi & back. We are still stuck at home. Nak buat camana, hubby doesn't even realised its the kids school hols. Susah betul kalau org workaholics ni...
mammamia

takpa still got time...pergi yang dekat pun ok
wanshana said…
Shila,

We went to Langkawi last December, and we stayed at Sheraton AND Berjaya!

The first 2 nights - Sheraton (coz' Haizal had a meeting there - hence everything was sponsored :)), and the next 2 nights at Berjaya (own expenses maaa!).

Even though Sheraton was the better hotel in terms of "poshness" we enjoyed our stay at Berjaya more because the pool is nicer, the beach is nicer, and it's so much nearer the CableCar station and also Telaga Tujoh.

We're going again this December - staying at Berjaya, of course :)
MrsNordin said…
Hi!

Tak apa lah... sekali2 pegi macam tu. Now you know why I said Langkawi is expensive, kan? Baik pegi oversea, at least it's worth every sen!
wanshana...

hey we should have done it like you guys lahh!! takda rasa pendek sangat kan? this December nak try East Malaysia pulak- bila cuti skolah ye?
MrsNordin- how was your Krabi trip?? Bila nak hangkut I ni...

Popular Posts