Temper Temper

Yesterday, 10 minutes to buka puasa, I was upstairs when I heard a loud crack. Then,my husband yelling very very loudly- I rushed downstairs and saw-

Sara and Sophia crying, a plate lying in a thousand pieces (habislah corningware aku- nak kena pi states ni nak carik!), and a red faced husband yelling at them. It turned out , that Sara had put a drumstick on her plate , and Sophia took it, saying she had "booked" it. Sara said she was telling Sophia that there was another drumstick in the kitchen and she accidentally knocked the plate. Dad was livid, and yelled and yelled and even raised his hand as if he was going to slap the children.

Ish ish ish..nak buka puasa pun gaduh? I told them, no drumstick for either of them. And to the dad, I said...eh , relaks la..they all gaduh nanti they all baik balik, you trauma sangat ni buat apa?

(Well, to be honest , I was nowhere near that nice- I was yelling- don't you raise your hands to my kids! They're 9 and 11 and you're 41! Who should control our temper here!- heh heh)

I truly believe that there are other ways than being violent or hitting- although I don't categorise smacking as hitting- it's hard to control kalau tengah naik darah, but once I hit in anger, I find I cannot stop. The child will be staring at you horrified that you are that angry. Husband is unrepentant as he said occassionally he needs to show them that he can get THAT angry. Hmmm...ye ke. The kids were sobbing sampai takda suara- kesiaaaaannnnnn.

Half an hour later, theboth of them were giggling together abt something, the feud allready forgotten. Tulah I kata....kita yang trauma...depa ok.

Comments

MrsNordin said…
Bulan2 puasa ni, memang lah short fuse sikit. And I think Jeb was hungry... that's why. Hee.. hee...

But once in a while, kena marah juga budak2 ni. Pasal drumstick pun nak gaduh sampai pecah pinggan. Mmm.. but I know you won't lay a finger on your children! You very sabar one!
Lan0stZz said…
yeah lah kak shila, i admire the fact that u could bring up 5 great kids with endless patience & love. Idola betullah.
Anonymous said…
very similar scene kat rumah i, tapi i yg yell....sikit! they berebut food as if we havent prepared enough, kids kids!!

yani
Anonymous said…
Shila..so it's normallah tu berebut drumstick and chicken wings. I pernah fed up with them fighting about that sampai I threaten nak chop the chicken into unidentifiable pieces. Now ni i kumpulkan all the drumsticks and wings together so semua org dapat..and kalau only ada 2, that's mine and their dad's..muaha ha ha

Jah
NUR said…
ntah2 epi pun nk drumstick tuh..hehehehe....
MrsNordin said…
Actually, I don't have problems with chicken wings and drumstick because my kids (and husband) don't quite like these parts. They like dada. So, I dengan happynya boleh makan the drumstick and wings, which I love!
MrsNordin- Kih kih agaknye husband I tu lapar...

and I am NOT sabar..and I can really nag them...

so lucky your kids tak suka drumstick..I never get to eat drumstick unless pi makan KFC or McD yangmana order lebih lebih!
Hi lana..kuang kuang kuang...terimakasih terimakasih (blush) sebenarnye we are biasa biasa saja..taktaulah kan, you can only do your best..don't know how they will turn out later..
hi Yans! Ok guys - YANI is MY idola- tak pernah yell at the kids! Heh heh
tireless mom said…
Dear Shila

Now we know why in KFC's TV commercials they would show the drumstick dropping from the frying pan first. Kids can kiss and make up in split seconds and we the elderly pulak will tak pasal pasal long face kan!

Take it easy dear.
Jah- Hahahah potong sampai unidentifiable ye? fantastic idea! Kena lah beli drumstick je - toksah beli ayam dia...
Hi Noni- I also suspect that- how are you and family? Bila nak turun KL- are you around on the 21st? Dah tukar date buka puasa Adom clan
Hey there tireless mom...another idola!

Yeah,mak bapak pun dah ok daah...
ms hart said…
SW, macam pernah tengok je drama ni...berkali-kali pulak tu...kat mana eh? heh heh Need I say more?!!
Madam Tai Tai said…
My kids are terrified of their father. They can bergurau together like crazy, tapi bila bapa dia orang naik angin aje semua kecut!

Jab must hv been tired or angry tu. Selama ni he seems to be a cool dad aje.. Cabaran puasa!!
Ms Hart- ha- ah...family kita kan "clone" hahahaha- how do you deal with it ye?
Gina- Jab tu memang cool but when he blows- OTT tahap mega ! :-)
Helena said…
eh similar aje cam kat my house.... hehe....

semalam hubby marah kids sbb benda kecik, and in the end I marah hubby...... and we started arguing..... hehe.... not such good example eh?

seriously.... Helena MENYESAL introduce drumstick to my children.... hehe.

My dad LOVES drumstick, so I grew up eating only drumstick and wings..... (my mom cop wings).

Now bila kids suka drumstick, guess who have to mengalah???? huhuhu.....
Helena- same problem here- if the problem warranted such reaction from husband, takpa, tapi kes budak budak berebut food - alah biasalah. tapi i pun marah lah tinggal lagi, takda lah mengamuk cam tu...hehehehe...kena sembur doa penyejuk hati ler
my eldest son dgn I memang suka wings and dada, esp part tulang putih tu.tapi my eldest memang la so baik hati, bila jumpa je the tulang putih yg we can chew tu, he would say 'ibu, ni tulang favourite ibu dgn abang, ibu ambiklah..abang dah kenyang'.hehe..then comes my second son (the monster), he would just grab the chicken (any part) and say 'adik nak ayam je..taknak nasi'.And in my household, apa yg i suka, budak2 ni pun suka la..and since I loath drumsticks, hubby could easily makan chomp chomp. And since I only certain parts of the chicken (the top part aje yg tak byk darah macam part bawah), he would always ask before he scoops a piece of chicken in his plate 'mana part yg u tak makan ni?'...hehhee...I am the Queen among the bees, so i get la the special treatment.hahahha
ps: sorry ya.panjang berjela.

Popular Posts