Restarting the Gym

Yesterday we started gym - after a month break.

I didn't want to go initially, until after the Eid month is well and truly over. But hubby has been bitten by the exercise bug, he has been running and doing his exercises and he was keen to go. Come, he said. Aleem the personal trainer has called him to arrange for a session yesterday morning. No thanks, I said. But we have to go, he said. Ok, you go, I said. Send my regards to Aleem though.

20 mins later, a sulking me got into the car all fitted out and heading towards the gym. I was not talking to him and i was NOT happy. Big Bully. He was snickering.

So we arrived. first- 10 mins on the treadmill. Ok lah but boring . I tried to pass the time by looking at my shoes and plan the day ahead. (Pretty much how i get through other things too) - and then- the cross trainer- aiyahh that was hard as there are easy levels and it gets harder and then it goes back to easy. Aleem hovered around like a jealous girlfriend. Everytime he moved away I took a break. Hallo, it's BEEN a month.

Then, the weights- waaaaarggghh that was a killer. I had to do 20(dulu 30 before the break)- of the triceps and biceps - one exercise was to bend, and extend one arm backwards and lift weights at a 90degree - konon to work the tricep- but really to torture us. After that particular exercise, terus tak leh pegang benda, nak minum pun kena rest hand on palang.. heee hee

After every session of resistance training, we had to do 2 mins of cardio- running on the treadmill etc. Then the lifts up- this time knees bent, to one side, and do sit ups. Adoiii.

Since I was not speaking to my husband, I tak lah ask how he was doing but he was sweating profusely!! We continued not to talk to each other after that in the car..but that was more out of exhaustion- we both staggered out of the gym heh heh.. in the end I broke out laughing at him- tu lah action, ingat dah fit lah kot..boleh pi gym..sekali pengsan

harini ,masih aching hehehe But i am glad I went (don't tell him)

Comments

Madam Tai Tai said…
Oh..I pun terasa sakitnya as I read your posting here. Ouch!

I never liked gym exercises. Boring sikit pada I and it requires self-discipline. I prefer group exercise, like aerobics or yoga, because when you are dying - you are not ALONE! You'd see the same look on the other participants' faces and that keep you going.
MrsNordin said…
Hey, you should continue. You do look good! We all ni entah bila lah nak start...
Anonymous said…
wow! I resort to utilising my niece and doing lunges and lift ups. My friends says i'm more toned! So maybe that adopted baby is a good idea? hehe..

Nini
wah..eh..bukan ur hubby reads your blog?hehe.i hate gym exercise too.I prefer aerobics.tapi lama tak pegi pun..no one to take care of the children...
chewah..tak lama makin la cantik ya?*wink wink*
wanshana said…
Shila,

Haizal and I upgraded our ordinary membership at this particular gym to life membership more than a year ago - konon-kononnya kalau dah bayar banyak tu, ada lah usaha nak work out.

Turns out - disebabkan dah jadi life member, we've taken it for granted, and sampai sudah tak jejak kaki lagi kat situ!!!

Kalau start going again, sah wa sahih sakit satu badan...
MadamTaiTai

Yah, semua orang semput sekali- except when you are the beginner and they all dah terror and then they show off....heehee . Personal training ni strict sikit lah, but they keep an eye on you betol!
MrsNordin...you all dah fit..esp ada small baby in the house yang active..eh have you decided what to do re: montessory?
Nini...

Yah, another plus point for adoption eh?

Shila
Putri- dia baca..tapi dia tak kesah...

gym..tak tau lah kalau lebih cantik...tapi hopefully lebih fit...
Shana,so nice ! Gunakan lah..sure lagi cantik dan handsome the two of you....
MrsNordin said…
SW,

Husband said it's too expensive, the one at your place. But I've yet to check out the one near our house. Will keep you posted.
tireless mom said…
SW,

No pain no gain. Hey you will look good lah after losing some calories. Well done, and continue the hard work babe.

I tak renew my membership at the gym lagi because of the travelling and tak start puasa 6 lagi. If I start nanti, sure drag nak buat.
aida yurani said…
Hahaha, good luck kaklong!

Popular Posts