Home!

We came back to our kids yesterday..

Of course I have loads more pics to post and stories to tell..Nanti

A Quick Summary of What we Did

basically we spent the entire anniversary day at the Botanical Gardens, totally enjoyed it, was positive the management employ people to polish each and every leaf there is. No dead leaves or darn it, stray orchids, on the ground. The orchid garden was fantastic and so beautiful. How the heck did they manage to get the orchids to bloom like that. How I managed NOT to pluck one (and no one else did either- kalau kat Mesia....er..dah botak ke?) And then just as I was getting hot and bothered (it was humid) there was this place called "Coolhouse" ie a cool greenhouse (covered) and temperature set to mountain- with plants you can expect to find on mountains lah. Very nice and again, all very healthy. Now Im positive that it's against the law lah to be an unhealthy plant hahahaha.

Walked around Cluny Park (next to the Gardens ) and bought stuff for dinner at ColdStorage before we hailed a cab. Cluny Park was very quiet and posh.

In the evening we walked to Clarke Quay. Was transported to a time 20 years ago when I was sufficiently in lurve to ignore the fact that I hate walking, and took loong walks with hubby in Nottingham. We walked for about 20 mins along the (disgustingly clean) river towards the quay and passed a lot of bars and pubs.

we got on the riverboat and had a nice leisurely (ie i got to sit down) tour of the sights- saw Fullerton (must go there) and also the Merlion. Nice at night. Riverboat cruises ni buat malam lawa sebab everything was lit up.

Then we walked around the buzzing and happening Clarke Quay - it was Wednesday but there were so many people! Ladies' Night, I heard. We stopped at this kebab place and had our shawarma and watched (ogled, rather)people walking by. Orang tak kerja ke? I felt sooo old hehehehe.

Once We Got Back

Kids basically ransacked our bags. then Sara said, teacher said, don't buy C*oke, Nes*tle, er and many other things. I gave her a humoungous Nestle choc so how?

Explained to all my kids the conflict in Gaza...it is about opression and right to land. It's about dignity, it's about the right to live in peace. On both sides. it is NOT about the right to practise religion. Although of course our holy mosques are desecrated on a daily basis. We object very strongly because they are our Muslim brothers and sisters. I don't want my kids to learn to hate blindly. I don't want them to think that only one side is true. Listen to both sides. Both sides are not angels.Both sides are not exactly of a gentle and forgiving nature. However !!!!!I totally object the way the retaliation is being carried out. It is disproportionate inhumane and nothing short of MURDER. Self defence kepala hotak diorang.

Not buying coke, etc etc...the US products. My kids need to know why we are doing that and whether what we are doing, is justified and has a basis in truth. Of courselah I as a mom happy sebab coke etc is junk right (says the former coke addict)

Ok pixs coming up....

Comments

MrsNordin said…
I'm not buying KFC as well!! Welcome home!
MRSHUSiN said…
welcome back kak Long!
saw the delayed pics in the earlier posts; i love your huge white bag tu!
and also your white wedges. brand apakah itu? =) i like!

especially suka gambar "bersahaja" posing at Paragon. macam model lah!
i think u r the only person whom i think can wear all white & look so elegant in it! if it were me, sure byk stains! hahaha...

overall, loved reading abt the trip & pics. update more nanti ok?

sorry, terlebih comment pulak! ;P
hehehehe...happy anniversary, number 6 enroute?heheheh...nice bag btw...dah tak yah i carikkan kay?yeyeyey->chalee
Anonymous said…
i just bought coke, lol. my thinking is like this, when we boycott the items which have factories here, then kesian to our rakyat yang akan kehilangan kerja (especially in this economic environment now) if the companies which we boycott have to close.

my two sen.
fulltime mom
MrsN- thanks and how was your lunch?
Hi Izaaaaannnn!
Thank you thank you ..entah apa apa lah you ni buat I perasan hahahahah...the wedgies are vinciis jeeee... john little ada sales besar2an..
I know you dah selalu gi Singapore - macam jakun kan I? But we had a good time. catch up with you later !
hi C and MS! kalau nak present tak tolakkk hahahahha...yah we had a good time, next time boley pi ireland lak k!
FTM-

I told mykids that too. We will be affected too! I am loooking on the internet on how much truth there are in these smss about the support of McD and Starbu*cks of Israel.

Popular Posts