Minah Mereng di Singapura (part 1)




At about 10.50 , caught the bus to town.Had a long chat with the bellboy(?) En zul before that. Mana nak makan etc . Ok ok... I would talk to the houseplant if it'd talk to me. Anyways found out that there are melayu places to eat. And that he just came back from KL and he thought KL sekarang ok lah- dah modern, macam Singapore. Laaa selama ni I rasa kesian kat Melayu singapura rupanye diaorang look down kat kita ke?? Tulah, tak perasan he he. Eh - I lowyer tau. Penting tau. Heheheh.

Anyways then took the bus, dropped me off Orchard Imperial bustop(?) Kat mana ni? Which shop to go too? Ada centrepoint, should I go in now, or keep on walking? Passed a peranakan place. ada coffee connoisseur.Is it too early to sit down? called Irms, my friend, WHERE am I. to walk or to shop now? You are at the boring point of Orchard Road, she said. There's this fabric shop you might like (I LIKE!!) and its called S something, its Australian. Later she said it's SPOTLIGHT. Oh my gawd . My haunt in Adelaide. berapa banyak kain dah dibeli kat sana. She thought it might be in Orchard Point?Orchard plaza?

Went in Orchard Plaza. very seedy full of tailors. I asked one man, mana Spotlight? he said Plaza Singapura. Kept on walking. cars here very shiny and new. Is it against the law to drive buruk cars here? Also no motorcycle so far.

kept on walking. blardie laptop feeling very blardie heavy in the lv bag. Held the bottom of the bag takut robak karang sebab dalam ada (a) camera (b) berus (c) wallet (d) laptop (e) wayar laptop (f) surat kabar (g) notepad and paper. Malu lah kan??? Sekarang sudah panas.No more shops, have walked past them. And where was I, now passing some green park. How come Singapore gets to be green. And I think there must be a law against the trees looking unhealthy.

Panicked. Maybe sesat. hate to be alone. Actually love it, but wish I have a friend to bore. So, have started to talk aloud. People next to me turning. Agaknye pikir, minah gila mana ni.

Found another row of shops yay!! Plaza Singapura!!But wait!!! there is a coffee place. Now 12 something, justified to stop. Kaki dah sakit. Baru setengah jam jalan....camana ni??? Eh I sorang suka hati lah nak buat apa kan....Have to check email. Damn actually GOT an email about work. Ok ok- reply cepat cepat.

So now have downed Icedcoffee and ate hazelnut eclair....yummms! Dessert halalkan? Will finish blogging and buy fabric. Thank you VIsa for increasing my credit limit without me asking you to, JUST IN TIME even though I think credit cards are evillllllll!!!


Will update at the next coffee stop (ie in half an hour hehehe)

Comments

Irms said…
Hehehehe! Sempat post entry lagi :)
Enjoy Spotlight! Like I said tadi, I wish I am there with you!!! You got me at eclair!
bella said…
Hiya Mrs Superwoman,
Have fun in Spore, the lights at night (at orchard road)must be great, take lots of pics la...
why don't you have a special entry for the cafes there...and pics too...
mumsie said…
hey you! i hear the fast food places in Singapore are all halal. try to avoid those american and/jewish owned ones laaaa
Thanks Mumsie...tengah munching BK ni...saw the halal sign....
hi ya Bells!!

Camera ada tapi...tak taruk gambar lagi....
Anonymous said…
Don't forget to try the Ayam Penyet at Lucky Plaza. CKT at Banquet food court. Murtabak at Arab Street. Macarons at Bakerzine (KL dah takde).And a lot more halal places! There's this shop that sells to die for Singapore Laksa and Nasi Lemak..ohh i can go on :p
Hi Anonymous...

Ok , set, i will try to fulfill the list...ayam penyet tu apa? Interesting tu...! And where is the shop yang jual Singapore Laksa? tell tell !
Anonymous said…
Ayam penyet is an indonesia shop. They have various franchise around Singapore but the best is at Lucky Plaza @ Orchard.

Laksa tuh is at Bugis, can't remember what the shop is called but ada halal sign..

If you want to get Charles & Keith shoes, the outlet store is at Alexander Road. Take the MRT to redhill and then bus 33 and stop at IKEA. It's the building opposite ikea...
Ok..eh, thanks loads..i will try that.

SHOES..yes, next mission.

Popular Posts