Hi

I feel as if I have not checked in with this blog for absolutely ages.


What have I been doing.



Well, on Tuesday my colleague gleefully forced me to take on litigation matter- a very teeny weeny and irrelevant thing which managed to make me fret and lose sleep and go to AE*ON to look for new shoes and suit (btw they are totally c*rap) . How did I do? Well I only told TWO people there about how this was my first ever time to appear before someone important and how i really hope I don't screw it up like BOW or say HAIL or something. In the end, it went ok except I waffled when he asked me a question I didn't understand. Yes, my law degree was actually majoring in waffling, didn't you know.



On Wednesday we had lunch with Mr Personality , a senior researcher at this Institute who is Mr Charming (or so he likes to think) . He has managed to get me to moderate a session at an up and coming shipfinancing seminar and I have exactly two weeks to remember what is a ship and how the heck you finance it. No lah I'm KIDDING!! hehehe...he is kind enough to make sure my session is JUST before lunch so no one will be interested to ask any questions please. When asked what I can do to help he said just bring your megawatt smile...Which is SUCH A LINE but I liked it! He also ventured into bawdy jokes but when challenged by the other guests (yes we were NOT alone) or when the subject of children (both his and mine) were (deliberately) introduced, things mellowed down instantly. In the middle of this lunch, hubby popped up and I was so delighted that he could join us but actually he just wanted to take the car back.

(We are buying another car and presently in talks about loans etc. Unfortunately this car is NOT new and the Bank is reluctant to throw us the sum of moolah that we asked . Since this belongs to a dear Uncle I don't feel right to tell him we'd take it, and then at the last minute tell him we can't as its too expensive and we have to top up a tidy sum. Anyway it is a very very good car and a very very good buy so there.)



Talking about money , we have received particulars of Shahen the boy we are sponsoring and hope to make a difference to , who it turns out has like 7 brothers and sisters and is the cutest boy ever. here he is!



On Thursday TODAY a lunch appointment with this lady however she cancelled on us at the very last minute so we had to go and have a nice lunch without herlah- too bad lah dia melepasz . Tamarind Hill is very nice and I never knew they had three restaurants in there.



Oh yes, I have discovered Az*wan's blog and it is really really funny ...the way he/she speaks is soo "nyah" and after a while gives you a headache because you can't follow it. And you also end up fervently praying that your child does not end up that way....!

Got so much more to tell you of my intensely mundane life but at the moment I just want to go to sleep.

See next post on kids.




tatata...

Comments

strawberry said…
Dear.. i'm a silent reader of your blog.. the child tht u r sponsoring is indeed very cute.. how do i go about if i want to sponsor a child also..? is there any website tht i can visit..? thanks for the info and the post, in a way u encouraged others to also sponsor childs who's in need..
MrsNordin said…
You didn't tell me he said that! Just bring your megawatt smile... hmm... I like !!
Strawberry..i will post on it ok
What a charmer....kan??

Popular Posts