Restoran Ikan Sungai

I just cannot believe that I spent RM240 eating some ikan sungai

I had asked my husband to take me out to a posh dinner somewhere because I just want some – poshness lah heeheh actually I miss being in an atmosphere with smart surrounding and muted conversation and the sound of soft music tinkling behind. PRATTTT hehehehehe

Anyway husband said – I ngantuk jom balik je lah can or not .

Sigh..ok since he did not sleep until 6 am – he was at the hospital removing someone’s guts out. Bet you never knew that you can exist without your large bowel hah.

Anyway as we were approaching home suddenly he said “shall we try the Restoran Ikan Sungai” at Desa Melawati. We have passed it often on the way to mom’s house in Gombak and was recommended it very highly by his Uncle (although he did warn us that it was rather steep)
So we parked and went in. The d├ęcor was simple but elegant. Huge posters of fish adorned the walls, with their proper nomenclature and the river where they are most likely to be found) There were several waiters and a chef looking person. Hubby saw an old picture of Jambatan Sungai Segamat which he used to see fairly often on his way back to Kluang from MCollege. .
We were seated, and given the menu. The friendly chef never left our side . First he recommended the dishes- IKAN PATIN MASAK MASAM TEMPOYAK., IKAN KERAI GORENG, IKAN KELAH BAKAR , REBUNGMASAK LEMAK, SAMBAL ULAM, 2 COFFEE.

Sebenarnye I yang gatal sangat nak rasa Ikan Kelahtu..dah beberapa orang mention to me, and bila I kat Kenyir tak lak dapat rasa...so I pun order lah karang kempunan kan. Tapi RM58 per 100 gram ok!!!!!! Maknanya RM580 per kilo- IKAN KE MINYAK NI???

Anyway masa makan tu tak ingat cost sebab memang sedap. Ikan dia rasa fresh and masakan dia pun tak over.

tapi bila balik I rasa...it is slightly on the high side lah nak makan ikan...so tak leh buat selalu...

The romantic meal takdalah romantic sebab like I said the chef never left our side.. he was regaling us non stop about his life in Temerloh, how he started, the supply of fish in Malaysia, how orang Cina pandai appreciate good fish and that is why the melayu fisherman taruk harga tinggi, and all the time using proper ceramah BM. Sedap dengar and macaaaammm pergi kursus. Tapi er...at one point hubby looked like "alamak boleh tak give us some privacy" heheheh

Conclusion- memang sedap food. Tapi...RM240!!!!! Sekali sekala je lah nampak gaya...

Comments

anedra said…
Tell me about it! We went once too cos my hubby is hantu ikan sungai..and we ate for 3 people and it was about RM200! Dah lah macam tak cukup je and the portions were really small. The food was good tho (ke kitorang je yang lapar?)..Ya lah, can only go once in a while..or kalau rajin take a drive to Temerloh and have double the portions with a fraction of the price. We do that sebab suka pergi pasar Ahad kat Temerloh to buy our stock! Lots of fresh ikan sungai!
zaitgha said…
i dont take ikan sungai...i notice many nice looking eating places in that area and along MRR2 nowadays....any other nice and reasonable eating places around that area? i saw Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa Kg Baru pun dah ada kat Setapak near my apartment....
MrsNordin said…
Now ikan sungai pun dah jadi luxury item, kan? Orang kampung dah muak makan ikan2 ni!

I don't believe you had to pay that much for the meal. Mengalahkan Jake's! Heee. hee...

Now I believe what Dada said about her ikan kelah lunch in T'ganu/K'tan that day.
mumsie said…
hehe..i pun pergi coz we are read about the restaurant in the papers. Turned out my family (parents, especially) memang regulars to the chef's restaurant masa they were in temerloh!

Kitorang order macam tak hengat! 8 adults makan - bill came to RM 580!!! Ingatkan dapat lah diskaun coz kenal chef and turned out co-owner was my junior at school...harraaammmmmmm...

we'll go again, i suppose. coz food dia memang authentic pahang dishes tapi lepas ni order VERY small portions jer la kut...ask them to timbang the fish ngan-ngam ikut bajet before they start masaklah!!
Shila,

Dulu ornag kampung macam I je yang makan ikan sungai, puyu, sepat, keli, and siput sedut...aiit now now dah jadi luxury item....bad kata we can get in Temerloh , they are cheaper and nicer...but tt ikan kelah memang expensive! You put this posting, now Haq dok teghingin nak masak lemak tempoyak pulak dah......
Hi Dena

Kat mana you pergi kat temerloh tu? I rasa I nak try lah.....nanti pi call me! ;-)
hi Zaithga...memang taman melati dah hot and happening..banyak tempatmakan and always penuh je nampak...tapi tak tau mana yang betol betol sedap...
MRsN..heee heee...more than Jakes kan!! Betol lah...
MUMSIE YOU CAME OVER HERE AND YOU TAK CALL US SOB SOB

I tak malu mintakje harga kawan kawan, orang tu bagi lah tapi 5% off je..tapi better lah than nothing-

Tulah he mention that this is his partner's restaurant...and also his dad was very famous in Temerloh ...recipe ni turun temurun

Food memang sedap (his sister yang masak kata dia) tapi....erkkkssss .....tunggu Jab dapat patient saudagar minyak ok heheeh
yans-

pass mai sikit kalau buat! Heheheh

Popular Posts