Post berangan

I am writing a love story at the moment.

heheheheh...best gak berangan-angan ni. I haven't written anything fiction since (my blog?he he) no lah, since the days I berangan I was the girlfriend of RajaNazrinShah. hehehe. Where DID the manuscript go?

I'm writing (in my spare time and at 2 para each time so this will go very slowly) about my favourite couple in Boysoverflowers, Yi Jeung and Gaeul! you know the episodes where they meet or interact? ? Selalu tak puas sebab about 2 mins top je between them so I am "filling in the blanks" he he. Ok I am actually 20 and giddy ok not a serious 40 year old lawyer. Anyway I like writing love stories. Like I told a close friend recently, its the romance part of love more than the "getting down to it" that I love! To my partner at work, this is in the free time don't worry he he.

Lepas SPM I used to sit with a thesaurus on my lap, writing long hand, about the many many things the hero would do to catch the heroine's heart. Keh keh keh. Sometimes the hero liked the heroine against his will. The hero would always be rich and handsome and the heroine, a country bumpkin. I'm beginning to see a pattern here. I liked Twilight and it was a romance between the totally hawt and rich vampire with the totally mousy (so she thought) and normal teenager. Yi Jeung is the totally hawt and rich playboy with Ga eul the innocent commoner. Hmmm... totally a pattern. Yes I did read a lot of Mills and Boon, how DID you guess? Which by the way is unrealistic. None of the racy historical novels for me, nak ambik pun malu the covers were so graphic he he! Tapi curik curik tu adalah...in the interest of education kan. But at the beach? Tak masuk pasir ke? Kih kih kih!

Sekali dapat kawin dengan someone who is not outwardly romantic. Not for him the grand gestures. No huge bouquets for me. Or daily declaration of love. Paling kuat, when I say "I Love you" he used to say "Ditto". Most definitely not the romantic husband my work partner is, for example (Kitchen Guardian, my sister in law and I want him to conduct classes for our husbands can or not?? ) hehehehe- now THAT guy knows how to spoil his wife..! And often too!

But you know what. I am happy with who I have ended up with. In fact maybe that kind of person is exactly what I need. If dua dua ashik nak bagi bunga je what will you achieve? Here at least when he surprises me, memang I terkejut beruk. He he....so let me have my solid non romantic love in real life, and leave all my grand gestures to my imagination....

Ok work now gotta go!

Comments

Busybody said…
Shilaaa,

I seem to remember that your hubby thanks you every morning for marrying him..to me that is very romantic already. And he is a very nice, kind and thoughtful person although always late! You're very lucky to have him and of course he's lucky to have you too.
anedra said…
Hehe. If you ever get KG to give that course - count us in too! My husband is hopeless, boring betul!
yaaa...segan nak add nowadays dia buang tebiat...kenapa entah he he...
Dena- Dia romantik tu yang sampai 6 hehehehe!!
IBU said…
Superwomanwannabe....

I suck (not a sucker for) at reading romance novel/love stories. Didn't even finish one Mills & Boons (walhal to buku wajib boarding school girls dulu tuh! hhahahaha). Kesian I.... I don't know why.

Tapi kalau conspiracy theories - boleh tahan tak tidur malam nak habis kan. Hampeh.....

Popular Posts