I shall have to make sure that my fasting month is not just about not drinking and not eating. soooo no gossip about say- ustaz A marrying W after all the time going "we were just friends" and now going "what to do, it was all fate and God's doing..." and yah let me go get a bucket to throw up everytime I hear ppl blame fate and God for anything....did God tell you to cheat on your wife you miserable (but cute) excuse for an ustaz ? Anyway - yes, my point was no more gossip like THAT ok??? :-) (harini dimaafkan, last day before puasa)
And to my friends out there who wonder and question why the poor muslims continue to fast every month well I think it's this:
1. It is similar to detoxification programmes handled by other commercial ventures, except here it is boring because its under the topic of "religion". Seriously, now everyone is pushing detoxification. What is fasting really but to REST THAT STOMACH OF YOURS after 11 months of pigging out???
2. It is to allow you to come to terms with your spiritual side. I am sure Scientology pun ada bendallah ni..Eh mat salleh pay LOTS oF MONEY to get all spiritual you know....so here we have a whole month where god says- RELAX- THINK OF ME...YOU AIN'T GONNA BE ABLE TO TAKE IT ALL WITH YOU. Seriously, look at the way ppl have been dropping off lately. I bet Ustaz As*ri did not expect not to be able to fast again this year. So...realise that we are indeed on borrowed time (easier to realise this when you have gone after 40 hahah)
3. It is to save money. Which is actually true. Don't eat lunch at Ampwalk and you get to save a heck of a lot of money ha ha but of course if you pig out at Buka Puasa then its pointless lah
4. It is to show your body who is boss- Yah. Every little whim we give in. Hungry lah apa lah. So now, show the body that your mind is in charge.
5. It is to foster family relations- yah...we become closer to our parents who will hopefully invite us to break fast at their place...hehehehee
Who ever has tried fasting can tell you- the feeling you get when you managed to complete one whole month (even one day) is undescribable- as if you have won a great race. And you have- against your desires .
Yah...after one month of no ahem- desires, you bet everything will be appreciated again (wink!)
So selamat berpuasa friends! (and family)
AND PS- PLEASE LET ME HAVE YOUR FORGIVENESS BEFORE I START FASTING....FOR ANY HURT, OFFENCE OR ANNOYANCE THAT THIS BLOG, AND THE WRITER, HAVE CAUSED .....