Just rambling

I was thinking of my 2 closest friends when I was the Dr's-wife-and-stay-at-home-mom-of nadine in the UK dulu. Sorang cina dari OUG, WeiLing, and the other an Indian from Mumbai. Weiling , her husband Dr KC and their son Matthew, and NR, her husband and son , on a transit in the UK before they settle in the States.

We were a true muhibbah team.WL and NR and I would go shopping together, where NR and I would try to "pau" WL. WL always had loads of moolah compared to us both. And WL did not moan so much abt her husband's countless exams as NR and I did. But WL was wise to us and was frugal hahaha...

Anyway we were a threesome, but sometimes we were a 2 some. And there was one time when it was just NR's family and us, going to an expo in London. So we did not tell WL and of course we didn't want her to find out. NR's 8 year old son was given a long lecture of DONT TELL AUNTIE WL OKAY!!!

Of course, when we got back to where we were (Chelmsford) and we met WL...the first thing NR's son did was spill the secret! He said Im not supposed to tell you buuuuuttttt.....We were thoroughly horrified and had to do a lot of damage control (oh it was sooo last minute WL!, etc)

He he he...

Other memories...

me driving all of us to Laketown or somewhere and at this roundabout I told them- actually ah, I cannot see really well. And they just freaked out. hehehehe.

me and NR getting all dressed up because WL and family wanted to take us out to dinner and when we got there , me dressed in a suit, WL was dressed in a TSHIRT and SKIRT and MR WL was dressed in a TRACKSUIT! So different standards there he he)

Sigh..now Matthew is 15, has a sister Annabelle, and NR , in America now, has another son, the "guilty" elder one on the way to being a doctor himself. Whatever it was, their friendship made it bearable for me to be without my family(read, mom) when i was such a young mom (read, hopeless cook)



By the way, I hate you Heidi Klum (stillwatching that Victoria's Secret fashion show) where does she tuck away her fat from pregnancy?? She ate it all up ke???

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi mommy

Popular Posts