Whats ahead for Sara

I went to the school yesterday to get Sara's JSLA results. She took this exam right after the UPSR. This is the school's own evaluation exam which test the kids on their Tajweed and Islamic knowledge as well as maths and bm and english etc. There were a lot of Bs and B+ and 2 As and I saw two Cs in Maths and BM. C in Maths Sara?? When your dad is a surgeon?? (yeah you can blame your mom's genes, she did law because she was hopeless in Maths)

I really really need her to buck up. I have to go and find tuition for her lar. I know that it's not totally disastrous results but I can't really let her go on with average results like this. Especially since she is going under Malay Medium next year.

Oh yeah, the school offers Malay and English medium. Under the English medium, you do not need to sit for PMR - your syllabus would be English and you'd sit for O levels. Apparently it's harder. Everyone is surprised when we chose the Malay medium for Sara , as we did for Nadine. This is because Sara is so evidently better in English than she is in Malay!

I had a talk with hubbs yesterday. Do we really need her to go into the malay medium, are we jeorpardising her chances at success? He insists! He said she HAS to go under the Malay medium, as he wants her to learn local geography, local history etc. Otherwise when else would she learn about her own region? Enough time in the future for her to look to the Europeans, right now, look into who and what we are.

So patriotic! And I actually agree. It's just that....with Nadine, she was ok ..with Sara...i hope she can carry it. I really have to get her the BM tuition! And when I voice out my worry to the hubbs, he always uses this line- well, you have to come back early lah to monitor them! Doink. I CAN work at home, but sometimes you just HAVE to be at the office lah abang sayang oiiiiiii.... he wants me to put kids first though than work. I'm just going to find a way to do that.

At the school I paid for their swimming etc etc fees that apparently are still outstanding. The girls and the boys are now to be separated and the tafsir class that they offered is now only available for boys (no ustazah) but things may change. And the teachers there told me again abt how adamant my husband was to get the Malay medium for Sara.We want her to go to the tafsir programme as well. Tafsir AND malay?

Oh well... I guess we shall see how things work out. Gambatte Sara!








Comments

mamasita said…
Don't worry.
Let her take her pace. Help her with some good tuition classes..but do not pressure her..kesian dia!
Believe me with such parents like you all, she'll definitely excel..
Sara said…
What's GAMBATTE?
Anonymous said…
isn't it tahfiz?

Popular Posts