Kota Baharu in words

So, we' re back from KB and we totally loved it.

Left at half past 3 in the morning , set off ikut jalan pi Gua Musang. Road was good, but it was dark, and it rained in spots, kids were snoring away, car was full to the brim with quilts, cartons of milo and fruits. Nowhere to stop except a couple of lonely petrol stations. No place to get coffee even, eventually at 5 am stopped by this roadside stall (closed) and slept till dawn!Bangun je nampak pakcik ni nak pi semayang, so dia lah beritau where to do subuh!

6 plus am- continue journey..! Eventually reached guamusang...and stopped along a row of shophouses with restaurants for breakfast. One of the shophouse was a "hotel" . All of us stopped to use the bathroom- One hour for Rm10 ok lah kan! Dapat mandi, and can stretch on the bed. Siap ada Astro lagi. Had breakfast by the roadside- nasi kukus, ikan keli goreng panas, ayam goreng rempah panas panas , roti bakar, kopi panas...melo panass....so yumms

Next- Kota baharu!! Amazed at how pretty the view was- driving along hills and valleys. Got stopped though by the cops who asked to see hubby's license and told us off for not wearing seatbelts !

What can I say, arrived in Kota Bharu after 30 years !!! I don't think it changed in my absence! Low rise shops, sleepy town?? No, not sleepy town. Quite busy and bustling actually. Not developed? No, quite developed...but just not the steel complexes that dominate KL.. here, you could actually breathe.. I liked the town.

Sister in law and her hubby were gracious hosts- dapat lah merasa Ati masak....Ikan siakap masak tomato, ayam masak cili, mana tak tertidor lepas tu...

Petang tu, went out to the beach. Miles of the beach, unencumbered by any hotels, or banana boats, or Mat Salleh! It was just the locals, and their kids, and kites, and good ol fun.

Nostalgia tau, pi KB. It was like visiting my past...where things were uncomplicated and you had no commitments.

Malam had dinner at this place called SatayMalaysia..Ok lah, sate is sate kan. Then we went to Wakaf che ye. I was in the car though with kids sleeping...Hubby went out for a while until I had to go visit the toilet URGENTLY and he had to come back poor thing! in that 1 hour he managed to shop gak lah- did I tell you he is the shopper in the family?

We planned to go for breakfast at 8 the next morning at this place DADOFFOURPLUSTWO recommended- the White House. But keluar rumah pukul 11 macam mana..in the end SIL made nasi goreng!

Then we went to see my client, and then hung around Pasar SitiKhadijah and Bazar BuluhKubu..so many materials so little time. I did not buy anything, guys, terlampau banyakna choice. And God is great , I had NO MORE MONEY in my wallet. except for RM10 which I gave Nadine.

We left KB after picking up some AYAMPERCIK from YatiAyamPercik- of course Dad was grumpy because he wanted to leave allready. Little did I know he wanted to go home via Jeli-Grik Belum resort and that he wanted to do that before it got dark because the roads were winding, and uphill.

View was out of this world. The best part was passing through
THIS .

Reached home finally sometime around 1 I think..stopped many times lar of course!

Definitely would go back again!!







Comments

MrsNordin said…
Sounds like you've had a great trip to KB. I'm hinting to Nordin that we should do the same. He's never been to KB before.
Jab now wants to go to Belum for the weekend. Now he doesn't feel its far!
Cik Puan Kamil said…
I went to Gerik before... day trip okeh ! Altho the journey was long, but the scenery was worth it.

I terasa macam nak pg KB pulak skrg... ha ha. I have never been I think
My last trip to KB was almost 17 years ago. I followed Chepul there for work. He was a practicing lawyer then and he had to submit 'entah-apa-benda' at the court (?) there. Prior to that I had actually lived in Kota Bharu/Pasir Mas for 3 months. That was 20 years ago. We had to do our teaching practice there sebab cikgu omputih we all suka bebenar dgn Kelantan. Me? I stopped drinking sugared water for a year post-Kota Bharu/Pasir Mas.
Cik Puan Kamil

Grik in a day! Dari mana tu? Yah, the view was really nice...memang kena pergi selalu...
Gina..HI!!

Yeah everything was soooo manis! Sambal sotong pun manis!
Cik Puan Kamil said…
Shah Alam ! 11 jam pegi balik !!!!

Popular Posts