Waiting for hubs

You know , my husband rarely goes out at night with his friends. There would be the odd dinner with drug reps, or some friends calling him out. But on the whole he'd rather be home in front of the telly sleeping the day off!

Tonight we came home late-ish, having spent a lovely hour shopping in HockCHoon-never go there when you're hungry by the way , they have stuff to tempt you! He was complaining of tiredness on the way back. As soon as he got home the phone rang, an old friend just got back from overseas, would he like to join a couple of friends for dinner?

He actually asked ME while he was on the phone- do you mind if I go??

SSSHHHHHH!!!! I was horrified! OiT! Not so loud dear!! Kalau ye pun you need to ask me takyahlah ask in front of your friends, I'm sure they think I queencontrol him right. heheheh..habis lah our reputation yaaaang.

Of course I nodded vigourously , trying to get him to reduce his voice. ha ha.

After all biarlah dia wind down. he had allready bought ME durian, so he's allright in my book! Is it right at all for me to say no or what to him wanting to go out with his friends? I'm the wife not the keeper!

But now its 1.20 am..wow. that's some dinner. Can the wife want the husband to be back at a reasonable hour? Without being possessive -ish?

You know, I dont know whether couples should be upset with the other if one goes out without the other and then comes back late. I mean, in my household, he wears the pants. He can be so stubborn about anything he has decided on! He thinks nothing of telling me he is not happy if I come back late from my date with some friends (on the rare ocassion that I do go out with friends) . He's allready telling me to come back early from work to attend to the kids and also not to go out of the way and get myself hopelessly lost just to see some client.
I mean, I tell him hey that's my work and I do find this rather .....bossy? I tell him this and he said it was only a "suggestion" but I'm such a rule follower I would obey. I've always thought of us as partners but I guess on the whole he is the husband and sometimes he uses his "power' or upperhand you know? And I get torn between telling him hello, exkeeeyiiiuuuuuse me, who do you think you are, and "yes dear, of course dear"

(It ends up like this- yes dear, but who the heck do you think you are, dear?)

Heh heh.

Of course in the end I do tell him exactly what I think, but end up deferring to him anyway. Most of the time we make decisions together.

After all, he is the head of the household!

(Shall I call him now though? I can't sleep lar.)
Edit: The above post was an early morning rambling by one heck of a clingy wife. He came back at 2 btw.

Comments

MrsNordin said…
Get use to it, babe!

One consolation for you is that he doesn't do it often. Whenever he goes out with his friends like that, just don't wait for him. You sleep if you need to. Give him until 2am, he comes home earlier, it's a bonus for you.

We will always pull a long face whenever they want to go out late at night like that, but they will still go. So, tell him to get use to your sulking too! Hee.. hee..

Take care!
Hi J

Yeah! I wasn't sulking though because the friend he was going to meet has been in Dubai all this time...alahai kasi can lah...I was just wondering whether I could tell him not to be too late without sounding like I control the guy you know? But yah, which wife likes it if this happens often right??
MrsNordin said…
You can tell him that, you are his wife what, right?

But you know what? All his friends' wives would feel the same way too. You think diaorang dok melepak sampai pukul 1-2 pagi, bini tak bising? Come on lah.. sure kena jugak bila balik nanti. Hee.. hee.. lumrah alam.

Btw, this Sunday is my 6th year wedding anniversary. Gosh... has it really been 6 years? I've no plans yet.

And have fun at your reunion tomorrow!! Just be yourself! All smiles and everything.
Thanks J!

AND CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Popular Posts