randomness

Sooo glad today is over.

Malas nye.

I have GOT to get off my butt and do some work man! Am doing work but halfheartedly, Could it be the heat??

Am I secretly chinese, celebrating CNY ???

Hehehe..

Anyway I could do a lot worse than where I am now, I could be that lawyer for the 2nd wife of the (very sick? In coma?) Sultan Kelantan!! Aiyooo...she is so sweet and so young and so upset because she was refused visitation rights to the Sultan. Sultan Kelantan sakit apa ye? And is he on the mend? Why is he in Singapore? Is it his sons' antics? Marrying some glamour gal and then being accused of kidnapping and abuse? Any parent will get sick one.

Sigh..on the subject of kids...when do you give kids their freedom to jalan jalan without you? I told my daughter that typical behaviour of a teenager would be , wanting to stay at home alone and not join the family in activities, wanting to be wiht friends , feeling angry with parents who refuse permission to attend that party/picnic etc , feeling misunderstood. And I fully expect her to slam doors, be gedik, be sullen, speak to me in a rude voice. So she will be a typical teenager. She said NO LAH mummy I won't lah. Hee hee ye ke Nadine...we shall see ok

I think you kids tak yah lah be impatient to grow up . Nak jalan jalan pi sini sana, bukan pakai duit sendiri pun, kalau tak duit mak, duit PPTN, kan,which means you are still young . Don't lah worry, there will be a time when your mom will ask you to go here, go there, buy this buy that (kan Aida??) and you half wish you were still that protected little girl. If by the age of 26 you are still not allowed to get on public transport then you can seriously rebel. But in the meantime we feel justified as parents to stop you teens from hopping into cabs with friends, or bus or what ever , going to Bukit Bintang or what, because yes there are rapists out there, there are muggers out there and god , the police is still going to call US if you are found missing anywhere, not your friends.

And is it so bad to be accountable to someone, for your safety and whereabouts? Is it soo bad to have someone to say no? DO you want to look back and blame your parents for not caring about you? Being overprotective sucks for both sides ok. It is very tiring to always have to say no, or always have to justify why we say no. I really need you to listen to me no matter how horrible you think I am. If I give in, and something happens, how> As long as there is a teen in your age, i think you should just let yourself be indulged in all this pampering. Eh, orang manjakan you, tak bagi you jalan sini sana, pampering lah tu tak??

Ok taaa

Comments

MrsNordin said…
A wise advise for your growing up teenagers. I could use this too!

Popular Posts