I have five children, as you all know.
So 4 of them are girls.
One is and has been made aware that she needs to be responsible bla bla and on her we pin her all our hopes. Nama pun means Hope kan...
Another one is always feeling overshadowed and everytime she does not perform she will beat herself down and her self esteem is not on the high side. She thinks we do not love her as much as the others. I know this. I know she tries very hard to please but she always feel that we pick on her, and we are not as nice to her as to the others. She has this angst all inside her and if you ever read her diary ( I never understand what the fuss is about moms reading kids' diaries. It's a right I got from having to push you guys out a small opening and the price of loose pelvic muscle ok?) she has this tough chick exterior> She hangs out with her friends all with this attitude of "me against the world". I want so much to tell her that she does not need to be so prickly and since i know you read my blog, please know that you do not be so defensive, we are not picking on you, the others get whacked as well and just because you get told off does not mean anyone is playing favourites against you. Having said that even I am conscious of always having to tell this one off because she is the one who will use violence against her siblings. She has a temper and she is very stubborn but she is the passive aggressive nature which always manage to get my goat. I just need this daughter to relax, chill and trust that we all love her. I feel she is a tight prickly little ball and she feels undefended in the family and she is most comfortable with her friends. I need to prevent her from going into herself and not think she has a family.
Another is a happy go lucky one always thinking of herself and what she wants to do and what she likes , shewill sulk till kingdom comes and her mulut so muncung and I will end up giving her what she wants and gets very irritated with her. She is always getting scoldings from me for being so self absorbed ! She loves girly stuff and she is absolutely adorable when she is not being irritatingly stubborn. She is another one I can anticipate going " YOu never let me do anything" or "I hate you!" . As it is her favourite words is WHY MEEEE????
Another is a very efficient doer and when she wants something she wants something and you had better go and do whatever it is you promised her you would do. She is a negotiator and I have drilled it in the kids that you do not fight, you make a deal. She is a real expert at this and she loves to play with her siblings. She is also real tenacious and if she has an idea she will get you to help her. She always gets her way because she wears you out frankly.
And another is mature, responsible , at the same time a kid still and remembers all promises and try to make mummy and daddy feel better when tired. A baby but a big person
These are the things I have always instilled in my kids and I wish they can really appreciate this:
1. YOU ARE A FAMILY. LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER. WHEN YR PARENTS DIE, YOU ONLY HAVE EACH OTHER FIRST,. YOU SHARE THE SAME DNA . YOU ARE OF THE SAME BLOOD, I REALLY HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO SAY IT, REALLY. THEREFORE, DO NOT FIGHT. AND DO NOT HATE EACH OTHER. YOUR SIBLINGS ARE THE ONLY ONES YOU CAN BORROW MONEY FROM WITHOUT ANY WORRY OF IMAGE ETC.
2. NEVER LITTER. YOU DON'T LITTER AT HOME SO DON'T LITTER ANYWHERE ELSE. WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO THE RUBBISH, EVAPORATE?
3. NEVER GRAB. YOUR TURN WILL COME. BE PATIENT.
4. NEVER BE RUDE TO MOM AND DAD. NEVER. LIKE , ITS NOT EVEN AN OPTION. I WILL NOT ENTERTAIN TANTRUMS, OR WHINING, THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOURS. PANGGILAN ANDA TIDAK AKAN DI LAYAN
5. YOU WILL ALL BE MY BABIES EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE MARRIED AND AGED 50. SO I CAN STILL HUG AND KISS YOU!
6. TELL ME EVERYTHING. I HAVE THE RIGHT . I GAVE BIRTH TO YOU. SO THERE. SAKIT TAU!
PLUS!!! GOD WILL ALWAYS POINT OUT TO ME WHAT YOU DO HAH..
7. NEVER FORGET WE LOVE YOU AND WE HAVE YOUR BEST INTERESTS AT HEART. FRIENDS ARE THERE BUT FAMILY IS FOREVER. TRUE YOU CANNOT CHOOSE YOUR FAMILY SO I GUESS YOU haVE TO LOVE THEM, HA HA!
8. HELPING AROUND THE HOUSE DOES NOT MAKE YOU A MAID!!
9. YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO BE HAPPY OR MISERABLE. IT'S LESS TIRING BEING HAPPY. SERIOUSLY.
Boley tak kiddoes??