Our Raya!

Soo how was your Raya??

It was a lovely break for us...

To summarise:

Sunday: we went back to Kluang. First time in ages we beraya pertama with inlaws. Selalunye merasmikan raya at my grandmom and my mom's place. Since my grandmom passed on, things have not felt the same. Anyway I thought as the eldest family we should be home to clean things up for my parents in laws. So when we arrived we started marketinglah, cleaning lah, and I told mil that I was going to make my mom's famous rendang (I was going to try anyway) Me and my other sister in law decided to help in the kitchen (read, take over) because MIL is kind of famous for her er...impulsive way of cooking.

Monday: Fasting...cleaned up the plates, took out the trays and jars for the biscuits, arranged the house etc. Started to cook 3 kg of rendang. MIL suddenly said NOOO just do 1 kilo. Otherwise itwill be wasted...and don't put too much of the lung ...ppl don't like, and dadin law won't eat so much anyway. Hah?? Flabbergasted because we had definitely planned to make 3 kilo , thinking of the other in laws and visitors that will definitely come..But must defer to her so we concurred..my sister in law buat kuah kacang but her kacang was declared as HANGUS so MIL wanted to throw out. YIkes!! I think we figured out that MIL not used to us taking over her kitchen so she was a bit cranky heheheh

Tuesday: Selamat Hari Raya!! Sis in law and I stayed home much to the puzzlement of my in law who thought we should go and pray Raya. We stayed and zoomed over the house - sis in law mopped and we prepared the table for Eid...heheheh bagus pun cause they came home and we all could eat....

We then went to visit Daus...he was so happy I think to see us. The Administrator took me aside to tell me he walked out a couple of time. Aalah he's a bright guy. I pun akan lari kalau duduk kat situ.. nothing to do. She also said that I should not call him because she thinks there is a connection between him running away and me. She thinks that I trigger his memory of being in college etc. In fact he did ask for his pharmacy books and he said he wanted to study somemore. I am seriously considering the options available to him. The Administrator thinks he is chronic. I don't know...maybe if he gets better care?

Anyway after that went to visit Irma, our friend in JB.. wallaped the delicious red velvet trifle her sister made and sampai dia bagi bawak balik ...eee malunye...

Wednesday: Hari Raya no 2! Mom in law said rendang finishing so can we make some more?? waah must be nice lah my rendang he he. So cook again we did...Told husband I was running out of undergarment and the sweetheart went to Giant to buy ada ke...of course lah salah size lah, tali putus lah hehehe he was so annoyed with Giant. I did tell him tak payah...so kelakau

Went back to Kampung Podeh for my father's side of the family...dapat jumpa uncle uncle and for the first time bagi duit raya to them (they dont really need the cash!) and happy to see their shocked faces. hehehehe. Also met up with parents as well who had come from KL .

Wednesday : got sms from friend that they are going to Sibu Island for diving and break...and they might see us in Kluang. Thought- hey why not!! So made a few calls and booked a 2 days 1 night stay at Sea Gypsy Resort. Tak book at TwinBeach Resort sbb tak nak orang tau kita lari..my pak lang owns the Twin Beach!

Thursday: Pagi pagi macam pencuri we left the house...the plan was to leave at 6 am but by the time we said good bye to everyone, it was almost 7.30. Aiyoo we were going to have to rush to catch the ferry at 9. Mom in law couldnt understand why we had to leave so early. We could NOT tell her (*shhh) for fear of offending her..ye lah, raya raya pi jalan lak ...and the other siblings had just arrived - Atie from Kota Bahru, Zu and Epa from Nilai (we see them often though) and Nor and Fairus (they live in KL so ok lah sikit) ...

Thursday and Friday- main laut and makan and tidor. Tu je lah kerje...Nadine and Sara wanted to try diving - ada trial diving so they went for it...and enjoyed it...Dad lost his glasses - the sea took it ..so for 2 days he was virtually blind...in the night time it was quite bad as I had to pimpin him up the stairs etc.


Friday we came back to Johor..went to Faiz's in law in Tenggaroh..best tol lah raya ni. can see ppl you have not seen for a long time...and then we left at 10 pm..by the time we arrived back in KL it was 4 am

Phew! Penat kan Raya nih??Tapi best!






Comments

ROYAL JESTER said…
I second you! This year mmg best betul raya! We went everywhere and saw a lot of people. best tul and it will continue this weekend with our Penang trip. best tul! Glad you had fun too!
Ezza said…
bila pulak nak mai sini dek oii...

rindu kat hang laa..
samalah kita kak ezza...ok insyallah kalau saya visit sedara kat klang tu i akan singgah ok
Putri..selamat hari raya!
MrsNordin said…
Eh, Tenggaroh tu is kampung si Memey, kan? (the soon to be wed to Norman)
Irma said…
happy sgt u came! :)

Popular Posts