hahai !!

Oh blog ...I have left you for too long.... I should say " I did NOT have any relations with that FB!"

Well, the maid left. And we went to KK. Which was fantabuloso. The trip to go tu a bit hairy, with my husband deciding to singgah at his brother's house with just one hour to go to flight time, my parents coming along with us, my in laws having gone to their other son's house first and my brother coming from work (I was going with my in laws and my brother )

And then my brother in law deciding to bring his 2 daughters to the airport and one of them had an unfortunate accident at the airport requiring both sets of moms (mine and my husband's) to go to the toilet and bathe the poor baby, and my mother in law going round the airport to search for clothes to fit an 8 year old (she found it). And by this time I was allready sweating blood because we were cutting it too close to boarding but left it in the hands of God ..My father told me- well, if you missed your flight then it was not meant to be! Tu dia! My brother in law said its only a local flight to KK why was I so flustered???? Ye lah...you never know if the gate was going to be a looong way away (and it was !)

Finally breathed a sigh of relief when we sat down in the plane, only to find it too cold, and asked for blankets, secure in the knowledge that this is MALAYSIA AIRLINES and therefore sure got one...then told that there were NO Blankets due to a planefull of KIDS all of whom needed a blardie blanket. And the person next to husband would not shut up and looked like he was going to talk to ME too until I started to pick a fight with husband about why he made us late and how he should just acknowledge that I had a reason to be mad and just say sorry damn it so I can cuddle for warmth! The man next to him quickly shut up after seing us hissing away in our squabble and so did the man next to ME, and the next 2 hours were spent in blissful silence and warmth (he said sorry.)

Earlier on we sent the maid home, we were at the immigration dept with her and had to do her check out memo, she was fasting and looked sorry for herself, I was quite abrupt with her, all her coats and handbags were virtually empty but later my next door neighbour gave me RM300 that my maid had hurriedly thrown to her maid, with a message to send it to her later (the money was made of a bunch of RM10 and RM50 and RM1 notes with some coins) - and now my bracelet etc (not that I have many) are gone so although we should not tuduh orang it's very suspiscious.

Anyway the holiday was good, KK first, we stayed a night at ManjaHotel which was quite 4 star from the inside although outside takda apa lah..(set in a row of shops actually) . The next morning set off to Kundasang , a long windy trip up and totally worth it as we discovered that G Kinabalu was just next to us as we climbed up. The resort, Pine Resort was nice and er- alpine-y. Ala ala swiss cottage gitu. We didn't do much except pig out and sleep and we managed to go to Poring and Ranau ("run now"??) and saw Rafflesia the flower (at RM20 per person!)

Now ready for another holiday! Came home to see a new life, a new maid who was actually NOT trained at all, as she had never, before she came to my house, tried ironing. And she can't cook (or at least we cannot eat what she cooked) and she only cooked herbs and ulams etc and she very rarely eat meat in her diet. So now I have to cook and being v bad at Malay cooking I have managed to pecah kan the santan , and my husband is consequently grumpy (i told you men are basic creatures) and want me to go and supervise her cooking (He thinks she messed it up despite me telling him I cooked) and so for the past few days it's either been pizza or mummy masak .

And because the maid is new (and lurus bin bendul) and blur , kids have to be more independent eg find their own blardie socks lah instead of expecting it nicely to be folded and kept in their drawer. The maid also hangs everything she can, eg teeshirts and nighties are on hangers when we normally fold them...small stuff like that. ME, I see it positively, at least I don't have to tend to the laundry or mop!! RIght??? But after this 2 years are up I am not taking any more maid lah. Dahlah tu....

Ok take care y'all


Comments

MrsNordin said…
Come to think of it.. you paid RM8k for a maid who doesn't know how to do housework. Kalau macam tu, RM2k saja cukup lah, isn't it? You should really draft a contract protecting employers' rights who hire maids from agents!
she's getting better lah, J. although she is so tak familiar with our things or is it that she does it differently.

Popular Posts