Huwaaa my face is full of chillies

Hiiii

I'm feeling a LOT better. Stayed home and got most of my work done. Told the work partner about how the other half is suddenly playing "Me Tarzan You Jane" on me...and we had a heart to heart about my working at the firm given that he is doing all that, and we figured out that since the other half is now getting a lot busier with his university hospital and shouldering a lot more responsibility , being the only malay surgeon in the Uni that hasn't fully left and still faithfully teaching etc...so he probably just want the comfort of having his wife at home, being there for the kids, cooking homecooked meals for him...etc... Basically I do want to continue work, except I dont want to JUST do law and I do want to have some time to pursue my other interest, which includes conducting a thorough study on Korean life....ahem....which I have abandoned actually for a long time because I was too bz doing other stuff....anyway yes.

Must work right.(??).penat je belajar bak kata arwah atok I all those years I was a stay at home mom....but can I choose the files? Husband said no need to go in to office at all but karang boring lak... Work is fun (although clients can be %^*@) Partner and I get along, which is very strange because personality wise we are NIGHT and DAY. (Im the day) He he...but we are now more like siblings as well as friends in the sense that I can pau money of him for cabs and vice versa and I do get mad and yell at him and tell him I think he's SUPER KIASU and then I am ok . ..(although he never noticed ???!!)  I suppose we have known each other and each other's families for sooo long  that it really does feel like we are family. But kedekutnya dia dengan kids dia...tinggal kat rumah I kejap terus nak ambik..camana adek beradek cam ni aahhh. . 

And I've managed to get on top of work somehow..I guess less distraction and more discipline..I have to thank BNI for that...they are a great bunch and seing how they are focused and motivated to get more business in turn motivates ME. I got up at 4 this morning for the 6 am meeting and the energy was buzzing at the meeting . I want to quit all the time cause its the easiest thing to do but I know being around people who are disciplined is good for LAZYBUM like me. .

Anyway we have decided that I will cometo work as soon as the kids go to school and come back by 2. And then cook dinner for my kids and hubby. Like hubs has been hinting of late (who cooked tonight you or the maid? He asked and I shd say, for the first time ever) - So today I came home after meeting (with Partner's wife KG pulak) Anyway came  home early and started to cook and now my face is hot as I have wiped my face with my hands forgetting that I actually was pounding chiillies earlier..I have bunged a pot of lamb in the microwave with potatoes and tomatoes and ginger and carrots , I have made my very colourful sotong broccoli mushroom stirfry and I have made a very hot sambal terung hijau (hence my face !!!) - So there. Now I am off to fetch my daughter from her tuition. I feel like SUCH a good mom. How long I can sustain this god knows....hihihihih

And of course...I have to check that writing for newspaper angle ...it would be a DREAM come true. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi. I am exactly in the same position like you . Wanting to home and be with the kids. Hubby so busy in high flying job. But I have always worked!! And my arwah father would say study penat2..holding a respectable position in a MNC with too much money which I don't use except back up for rainy days.. Am not bragging.. Just envying you being able to make that decision so quick! I am still hesitating and feeling neither here nor there.so afraid of making the wrong decision ..
Hi !--- I can do it quickly cause of the partner I have and the small set up we have. In an MNC I can see how requesting for flexibility is going to be difficult. I think some degree of "heck it i will do this" is required ..or else maybe try a week off to just veg and see if you actually like staying home? I think even if I stay home I have to find things to do...Just do it! (and let me know if it works out!)
Anonymous said…
...hope I will find that balance soon like you. Here's wishing you all the best .. Sorry for rambling in your space.. Looking forward to hear more from you with your new domestic experience :-)
Dont you know i looooooooveee it when I get comments so do ramble on! Dont think its going to be too domesticated..im still more of a writer than a cook! :) its NOT me. I puut on my facebook that I can be an exemplary wife, but you must change the criteria..domesticity cannot be the only way right?heheehe
Tjanting said…
Hi. Ur blog is one of my must read!. I just love the ways you ramble on the daily happenings. From your writings, you must have a very bubbly personality.
Wow- really??Tjanting..my ego is so fragile that I go "do ppl like me" and "i dont care if ppl dont like me" to "But I want them to like me waaaaa" and sometimes "you dont like meeee" heheheh except that its a lot better now that im OLD.

yeah ive heard pppl say im bubbly..!
Thank you for reading!
JM said…
kak,

u're funny!! hehhe. but i totally get u as i was a corp climber as well & now a SAHM. for now i try to fill my days with perwakilan activities, kelas mengaji etc. planned to do some business in Msia but not for now as i've a demanding toddler & halfway carrying another one. (just when i thought i could breathe, i went & got myself knocked up again. heheh) i soooo envy you as i think u have the best of both worlds. time with family & time to do your own things! gdluck!! and keep us updated with your journey..=)

JM said…
kak,

u're funny!! hehhe. but i totally get u as i was a corp climber as well & now a SAHM. for now i try to fill my days with perwakilan activities, kelas mengaji etc. planned to do some business in Msia but not for now as i've a demanding toddler & halfway carrying another one. (just when i thought i could breathe, i went & got myself knocked up again. heheh) i soooo envy you as i think u have the best of both worlds. time with family & time to do your own things! gdluck!! and keep us updated with your journey..=)
Anonymous said…
Shila! You are lucky for having such flexibality. You can still use your skill and not let it get rusty.

I want to stay home and cook and bake and have money to spend as and when I please. I don't want to clean up and I don't want the maid to get in my face. Can ah? Wishful thinking eh..

Jah
Jah- CAN!!Sudah sudah lah tuuu kerja dengan orang...but i think you would be SO BORED..unless u cook full time and then sell??maybe you can look into it??
WOW JM- a toddler and you are pregnant!! Wow tabik spring..wel this is the best time for you to stay home but do play with your children..bawak pi toddler group- gymrama ke apa je..main kat pool ke..meet other moms (actually im just recalling my time as a full time mommy when I was inj the UK...ashik ashik have coffee mornings...kita borak, our kids play!)

Popular Posts