Slap me please- the diva is moaning.

Hi there ..selamat cuti sekolah everyone...my kids have started their holidays although I think they probably are just realising that this time around they won't be enjoying it as much ahaks!

Baru 3rd day without maid kan, and allready I dah stress with the other half. Pep talk me please. On the rational side I understand his work is suddenly very busy, his colleague is off and he has to do all hell's type of on call and he had to do emergency operations etc ...my rational brain understands and sympathise. KEciannn baby I...(uwek, say my kids)

My non rational diva however wanted to say  - Haa?? Why you come back late one?? Every day 9 pm one..somemore dont want me to buy outside food want me to cook, who's going to help me clear the maid's room and buang her mattress? Trash who wants to take out?? Waaaaaa!! I dont care about in patients they can reschedule!!  How come you come home and tidor and next day go again..help lah this is not ahotel lar

Ok . sorry. 

I ter cakap this morning to him, although I had sworn not to. I mean, I AM sorry that he is working so hard but honey, so am I! Plus I have to work my normal office work too! It seems like I am making all the adjustments in this - work halfday lah and do all the housework lah, you normal je? 

Or..maybe that was the point?? For me to just be the housewife and superwoman so that he can work with a peace of mind? Sorry, this has never been our style ..we have always been partners .but maybe this is what he expects now, his little woman at home? ( dont mind being at home part, just mind doing the housework part) When I moan moan he said - Sayang! It's only HOUSEWORK Lah! 

Ha ha ha ni  yang nak gelak ni..housework lah yang banyak and ongoing. Plus I have made it difficult for myself. I have to start afresh with new stuff because I have thrown the old pots and pans and the decrepit cutting board and I am on a rampage to throw out whatever I don't need that I have been asking maid to clear but of course she didn't . Also I have been on a rampage to get rid of  house of the cat pee smell. This on top of the normal Menyapu of living room, kitchen, living room 2 bla bla, basuh baju - yah i can go send laundry but with 7 in the house its too much and too rapidlah dia jadi bukit baju, tak sempat nak lipat dah ada satu batch lain, so its faster if I wash sendiri...ha ha 

Again, I tell people all the time..I go to work to rest! Full time Mom with NO maid has my highest respect..I am determined to NOT have a maid..but penat woi!! 

How DO the full time housewives do it? Maybe close one eye? Maybe I will learn not to mind that the rubbish is not sent out? Hubs said biar je lah kat tepi dapur tu.. Dia too busy lah..tapi kan, if you biar then the cat cakar..so I should send it out je lah kan?? but i want him to help..but I guess .this is no longer the time when we were in the UK when he could help me vacuum while I tend to other things..now he is busy..but what annoys me is that..neither am I that full time housewife I was then..now I have work and this week is especially harrowing..so at least share my mental if not physical burden kan. 


I think this is all teething problems je...I need to find a system. I will not expect the other half to help. because if I do, and he doesn't nanti I tension. So I will try to organise the skip myself. And try not to moan. GRR. 

Aiyoo now I smell cat wee again. Wargh.. Kids tak bangun tidor lagi.. They have been helping , esp Nadine but how much can I ask her, with her sitting for SPM. and I gave Nadine my keys so that they can let themselves in from school if Im not there..and they did and guess what, yesterday I came home and found everything unlocked and open even the gate. Aiyoo. And the freezer was switched off. Aiyoo..Dangerous to leave the kiddoes for now.  

Sigh..thank you for listening to me..I am going to lipat kain now..but..is it unreasonable to expect the other half to help? Or shall I just shut up and get on with it? 

Byeee

Comments

Anonymous said…
Shila, maybe u should get the cleaner to come in more often. Yours is a big house. I wonder how kitchen guardian does it...

Jah
kitchen guardian is a superwoman! actually was talking to the husband- they miss the maid too! Memang lah hidup lagi teratur kalau ada maid TAPI the songel is too much!

Thanks Jah dok dengar I ngomel kat Jab..kesian lah laki I tu bini tak biasa buat kerja rumah..hehehe..Im sure we will be ok SOON!
Anonymous said…
Hi SW,

How many cats do you have? Perhaps you get those part time cleaners come like 2 times a week, just to clean general areas, like porch,toilets, kitchen, etc. That can reduce your housework load. For clothes, you can wash and dry yourself then just send them to the laundry for ironing. Cheaper also. RM1.20 per piece.

Man generally do not do houseworks...especially if they already have gotten used to having a maid at home in the past. Complaining about this housework issue to them will just make them stress...then they will say, okay, go find a maid now.

Sha
Anonymous said…
Hi SW,

How many cats do you have? Perhaps you get those part time cleaners come like 2 times a week, just to clean general areas, like porch,toilets, kitchen, etc. That can reduce your housework load. For clothes, you can wash and dry yourself then just send them to the laundry for ironing. Cheaper also. RM1.20 per piece.

Man generally do not do houseworks...especially if they already have gotten used to having a maid at home in the past. Complaining about this housework issue to them will just make them stress...then they will say, okay, go find a maid now.

Sha
Sha..i will TRY to bite my lips ok..janji..heheheh.. dah spoilt rotten by maid (me lah) tu pasal Im moaning (for all to read, eee tak malu)

Anyway yes I dah SURRENDER re kain- i tengok the weather outside so gloomy..no way am I going to pi jemur jemur and then rush to get it back in...ok i am sendng them to the dobi!
DocYana said…
SuperWomanWannabe
I know I am the last person to dish out advice - since there's only two of us (BUT, ada 10 four legged kids also! - can that somehow be compared with one human child? Hahaha) - but:

1-Clothes - tak payah lipat. Seriously. When they come off the ampaian, hang them up on hangers and put them on rails. I have personally thought this is much better than having proper wardrobe. We only have proper almari for undies and towels bla bla.

2-Cats - put them in cages and outside the house - somewhere sheltered from sun and rain. Litter tray letak dua and letak lots of litter - so when they pee, bau tak teruk sgt. We only scoop once in two days. Of course, kena lepas la kucing tu once a day. Kesian jugak cooped up.

I seriously tabik people with 4,5,6 kids yang also kerja and takde maid - tapi I also know there is a lot of compromise in situations like these.

Good luck! and bersabar aje la...I hope things will get better.

Anonymous said…
Shit, your husband works like a houseman...I am a doctor too...if he works like that, then he should he handing to you at least 1K a day, which means you can employ a professional cleaner...is he working hard to feed provides comfort to his wife and kids or is he doing it for his EGO?

or dot..dot...dot...
come on show him my comment ...
DocYana- I think I wont coop them up, but I WILL train them to use litter tray ok- I never bother sebab rumah I ada ground..tapi aku punya dining table gak yang dia nak pee on..warghhhh

and I think 2 orang ke, 10 orang ke...kalau you dah termanja macam I ni....memang will take a biiit of time to adjust (i hope not too long !)

Thanks for the advice and pep talk...helped me a lot!
Dr Anony!

I am definitely showing the RM1k a day comment he he he but since our account is joint nanti dia kata - ha you memang ambik all my money punnn

sigh..he spoils me actually..dia yang rajin selalunya- pi grocery etc but we never had to do mopping etc (melainkan holiday ler when we have no maid) but this week when the maid buat hal and I need extra pair of hands tetiba dia SEBOK pulak!!!

He SAYS he's working hard for the family...ego is a BIG part of it too I suspect..the DOT DOT DOT part tu...haa if Im not too pooped I'd be worried he he he!
nizamohamed said…
It is indeed a big change la Shila..it takes time to get used to it. Time I "lost" my maidS i.e bila dah balik malaysia after manila( plural ok, ada dua org, mengada kan, tak kerja pun maid dua..kat manila, senang dapat and the pay not as high as in malaysia).. I felt as if everything was against me..mana taknyer..kita la maid, driver, kedai dobi, kedai makan, cikgu tuition and so on and so forth..and I am not working..so I can imagine your stress as a working woman..seek help whenever you can..part time cleaner, hubby, kids and sometimes tutup sebelah mata once in a while will not kill you..take care dear and take it slow..nanti uban..:))
1na said…
kak,

mungkin kids boleh tolong... buat jadual giliran dan enforce a bit hehehe...

Yg lain tu kadang2 saya pejam mata je kak... larat buat... x larat duk diam2...

(^_^)
Anonymous said…
kak shila..u ni nak periot kot..hehehe
ummisara said…
kak shila...

i nak senyum jer untuk u to brighten up your day okay tak?

:)

take care
Anonymous said…
Shila, takper, banyak dapat pahala tu. Di doakan agar di permudahkan urusan Shila

Popular Posts