RAYA OH RAYA!




selamat hari raya!

This was first day, at mom's house. We spent first day with them, and 2nd day to 5th day with in laws.

Sempat lah solat dekat surau dekat rumah...first time jejak kaki there! selalu kat tempat lain kan..best gak pi surau local nih. jumpa neighbours here and there. By the time we went to mom's house orang dah nak datang. mom being the eldest had invited all her siblings over and it was really nice to see my aunties (who are like mothers to me) and cousins again. I've got one cousin who gives new meaning to the word "reticent" , she would not speak to us unless spoken to and even then one word at a time and accompanied by a very sullen face - perhaps she is shy? I am only glad that her FB page shows that she has friends, otherwise I would think she is realllly shy or aloof! Now I know she was only aloof with us! Anyway we're used to her and if she was not a dearly loved family member I would say her behaviour bordered  on the incredibly offensive :)

Sad this raya as brother no 2 went to his wife's place..but puas gaklah sebb the night before we spent time with them at mom's place. My sis in law no 2 ni very rajin...she will be whizzing here there everywhere . nasib baik lah my maid ikut at least boleh tolong mom. Me and my other sis in law??hmmm hampeh!! Tak rajin langsung!! heheheheh

We also went to visit my mom's one of very few remaining aunts and family in Selayang. Shocker there because met one of the Opah's daughters who we have never EVER met before! She had been raised by my opah's in laws and opah told us that she was forcibly taken from her breast  by her mom in law to give to her sis in law! I cannot imagine what the situation  must have been like and why she could not protest! I suppose respect for the elderly trumped all. My mom lagi lah, she also never met this cousin! Anyway yes it was really good to meet my opah and all her daughters and son (6 daughters 1 son i think) We ran out of raya packets and I had to stay in the car skulking as I put more cash in more packets! hehehehe

sat sat interlude...nadine just brought up chekodok...yummmm

Anyway where was I..first day. Malam visit husband's auntie pulak- my auntie in law masak a lot and the amazing thing was-- all alone!! very nice food and company.

The next morning we left for Johor...Raya started at the R&R because we stopped for icecream and bumped into my husband's cousin and his entire brood! Lama lah jadinyer kat R&R tu,....

We arrived home to see my 2 sis in laws (husband's sisters) ...briefly because they were on the way to their spouses' place pulak! they had been with mom in law since  before raya . House was quiet when we arrived, with sis in law's son sleeping in the living room and mom served us lunch! Just as i was washing up plates I heard Johan called me-- 15 people came! And me alone to help out! All her former students! Wahh meriahnyer.

That night pulak got Marhaban and 20 plus people came over! Marhaban is when a group of people come and chant praises to the Prophet etc ...and we fed them Mee Bandung. Ours was the 3rd house for them. Husband and son went with them to marhaban and actually husband was really enjoying himself doing Men stuff like go to the mosque all the time with dad in law. My mom's training served me well as I was able to help out in the kitchen (kat rumah sendiri malas kan)

Phew...best tol raya ni..but we didn't go visiting much...mainly received guests...ye lah we are already old...youngters come and visit us now heheheh

My girls were marvellous!! they all helped. johan also! walaupun kena suruh baru nak tolong, at least tolong right??

We stayed until Monday. On Sunday mom in law's sisters came over - and we yakked over dinner !They didn't stay the night though....we did offer to put them up tapi kena cramp sikit lar...in the end they chose to stay at RAIL HOTEL in Kluang (promo sikit ) - which we visited the next day and joined them for bfast there! Not bad lah!!

Penat jugak raya raya ni kan. On the way back we hit  a loong jam..and rupanye ada accident kat Nilai..but the accident was on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD so it didn't make sense that our side was blocked!

Hit home- and crashed on the bed!!

Raya is just beginning..more and more open houses invite...!! seronok tapi penat!!

Kan??

Comments

ummisara said…
Kak Shiela Selamat HAri Raya, maaf zahir batin :)

nice family photo. love it.
Thank you dear!!! selamat hari raya to you too!
1na said…
Selamat Hari Raya Kak Shila & family =)

Popular Posts