.....And we are back!

HI there...

fooh fooh fooh!!! me blowing cobwebs off this site. Started off as a diary where I vent about family and other half-  now read BY the family and also the other half- which has significantly reduced its ability to act as my online diary - !!! heeee


Anyway yes! We went off to Switzerland last December! Completely unplanned, bought  the tickets like today, for next week. I love trips like that..because I absolutely hate to wait, thank goodness for unexpected promotions! I had actually resigned myself to not going anywhere. We went to Singapore USS to pacify the kids (Universal studio)- got a half price deal from Agoda at Peninsular Exelsior Singapore- and once we got there, understood why it was half price. The kids' room reeked of ciggie smoke- yarabbi..all the air fresheners in the world could not get rid of it. Complained but they kept saying no new room, and here's a bottle of air freshener. They did not appear too surprised, so I suspect this room had always been stinky. Who knows.Were there for only 2 nights , otherwise I would have asked for a refund. 

Kids did go to USS but reported that the Cyclone , the ride that they most wanted to go on, was closed. Annoying because we would not have gone, had it not been for this ride. Due to the exorbitant entry fees, Nadine and I decided to stay in the hotel. After 2 nights,  we were happy to go home- don't know why, but this time around Singapore and Singaporeans annoyed me . They usually impress me, but this time round, I got mad when they cut the queue at immigration, I got mad at everything. I got mad at not seeing more Malays in Singaporean political scene. Hahah as if I know about Singapore political scene. . 

On the way back- I think because we were having so much negative energy (annoyed, grumpy..entah apa apa)..the car broke down. Of course it would break down! By the highway! At high noon! 

Sigh...I called the AAM. Towing home would cost RM1000..Mak ai. I was game, as I was not going to risk driving back a car which front wheel trailed smoke. Husband however, was braver. The PLUS (highway) guy who came about half an hour after we were stranded, apparently told hubs that the car was ok. So he drove to the nearest toll plaza, stopping every kilometre or so to see if the wheel smoked or not. We prayed our solats and I SOS Allahswt and miracles upon miracles, alhamdulillah, we safely made the trip back! I had a BNI dinner that night which I cannot absolutely be absent, being the president in office so to speak, so I was especially grateful for the mercy He showed us. That solat taubat at the toll plaza (repentance prayer)probably  helped!Wallahualam. The car was ok and continued to be ok (until very recently but that's another story). I can have an entire post just on our dearest Estee. 



ANYWAY!  Yes, after Singapore, we went to Switzerland. Which was fantastic. What happened was this- I found out somehow (dont know how- could it be because I trawled the internet everyday hehehe) that Qatar airways were offering less than RM2000 for KUL to Geneva. The catch is, you have to be prepared to practically grow cobwebs at Doha airport. the longer, the cheaper. Hey, less than RM2k per pax and I have 7 ok, I'm ok with sleeping there. So I took it and the kids could not believe they were going to Europe and also that they were not being left behind! It was a mad trip, as we had to be back before the week was out, so we would only have 4 days there. Husb decreed that we should go because he had booked his leave and they were as rare as gold dust so we'd better take advantage of this. 

So armed with bags of winter clothes, off we set ! Told our respective parents on the day itself. Kerja gile kan! Takpalah...rest and relaxation for the tired doctor. MIL gave her blessings as did my parents, but both said- bila nak ke Mekah woi..

SO!Day 1.

Qatar Airways is comfortable, I would fly again with it. Food is halal, and seats well spaced, and having an entertainment screen with hundreds of movies etc to keep you entertained, is a real bonus. Esp when you have kids. Arrived at Doha at 12 midnight with next flight at 8.30 a.m. Hmm what to do in the meantime?? Never mind, while we were thinking , we decided to look for a surau to do our Isyak- found the Mosque and it was spacious! So decided to stay there until subuh. Yay! Kids got a good and comfortable night sleep after all. Me, stay up to do some work. Darn it, flexi time job! After subuh we met up again with other half and johan, and off to Geneva. 

A few things worth mentioning. 

1. They are building a new airport, so when we landed, we landed in the middle of the airport like Air Asia, and took a bus . If we were exiting Doha, we'd have to stop at the first building where you need to clear customs etc.  Since we were transitting, we stopped at the second building. The second building had many many gates (to geneva was gate 7) and no they don't give transit passengers a hotel. They  do have a lounge but it's USD40 per pax for 6 hours. That musollah (marked MOSQUE) was such a find (near the toilets) .

2. When we were in the surau, it was empty! There were only 2 malay ladies back from their umrah. And there was an Arab looking lady who ambled in , and prayed, and then laid down to sleep. An official looking lady in uniform came in sometime afterwards, and asked us to wake this Arab looking lady up. Rohaida! Rohaida! She called, sternly. The officer was looking for one Rohaida, an airport staff. Maybe this Rohaida was playing rookie instead of working. The officer asked us to check if this lady has her badge. meanwhile the Arab looking lady continued to sleep.

I asked nadine to nudge  her, and she rolled, and we saw that she did not have the badge. Sorry! Said this lady and she went away. Another lady, who had been sleeping and covered her face up with a blanket, suddenly rolled and sat up, grinning . Laa..that was the ROHAIDA, she had been there all this time, and pretended to be deaf. She was  sleeping on the job. The poor Arab looking lady went back to sleep. 

Later on 2 girls came to her, big tall girls who were clearly her daughters. They approached her, shook her and said "JOM MAK" (Come, mom). In Malay!! Laa they were from Penang! Hahahha I find it incredibly funny when I recall us thinking she was Arab and we tried to speak English and Arabic to her..when she could speak malay hehehe 

heehee. We had breakfast at A&W at the airport. RM200 for all of us, which husband declared as expensive but airport kan..to be expected. 


Took another bus to the plane, and the main cabin director or chief crew member or steward or whatever the position is nowadays, is from Penang as well! His name was Khairul I think. It was a pleasant surprise when we heard "Selamat Pagi" as we boarded! 
(view from bus to our plane at Doha)

Lama gak on the plane to Geneva..got more and more excited as we saw the mountains and snow...To be continued....

Comments

Cik Kiah said…
Kak,

I've long admired that you are always so full of energy! Planning for holidays for me have always been like planning to buy a kapal selam or kereta kebal...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hi cik kiah..manic energy I think ! Kengkadang if you think about it and plan longer, lagi stress...baik gak last minute cam ni.heheh

Popular Posts