My 3rd day!

Hi ...

So my first day macam nak pengsan..I was soo sleepy and tired. I was too tired to put on lipstick so in addition to feeling tired, I looked like death. Second day I had a massive headache that continued till today, the 3rd day. Strange, I'm not missing food and drink at all, but just have this headache. Fasting is more than food anyway right, it's more about reconnecting with the Holy 1,500 year  old (still think it's amayzzzing that it's so old) book that Allah gave direct to us- and watching loads of Bayinnah tv  for tafsir of the ayah. It's so interesting - the Quran, when you read out of interest and not as a duty.

So what's been happening. Dahlia and Johan had their halaqah yesterday,along with the others in tahfiz group. From 9 to about 3. Dahlia and Johan recited their selected surah almost perfectly and I am just amazed that they can remember. Allah is so great to give them such good memory kan.  I ni surah lazim  je kot..But at least it's one grade up better than just remembering the 4 qul je kan?? Alah..dah 45 takkan surah lazim je kot ....so I'm trying to better myself and learn more.

Sad news today Kak Pah (Sharifah Aini) passed away....she was only 61, and she was diagnosed wiht pulmonary fibriosis 2 years ago. I looked it up- it's NASTY...slowly slowly your lungs stop working kan?? Scarring of the lungs ..aiyoo..sedehnyer - semoga Jannah for her , insyaAllah. Read that her son is in the middle east learning the deen- alhamdulillah she raised such a good son who hopefully will pray for her. Reminder to all of us that we all will return to Him and we will all go.

What else- had iftar with mom and dad the other day with brother no 3 and 4 and their wives. Mom only one cooking. How? Should be with my sisters in law kan..but on the other hand maybe mom has her own way of doing things that no one dares to masuk dapur..hehehe. I know my mom. She is super fussy and super clean. Her kitchen is DRY every night ok. And this is the WET kitchen. As you are sitting , you have just finished eating but still sitting at the table, she will be whizzing around cleaning from under you. I never know when to start clearing up. She clears up immediately.  Maybe this perfect domesticity will click one day.

Oh yea I went to EUROATLANTIC the other day. From zoo negara to KL you'd pass Beverly Heights, kan-- and just behind Petron, on the side of the road,  (or is it Esso?) there is this big green and yellow building with Euroatlantic emblazoned on it. You know,I heard you can buy fruits and veg and other imported frozen food. I tried going once and it was close- it only opens 11 to 3 pm Monday to Friday and until 1 on Saturday. So I went in, and I was a bit blur as never been. I was directed to the Sales office, and from there, directed to a room, with a list of stuff, which you tick, and then give to the worker, who will pack for y ou. I went a bit mad...and spent hundreds on blackberry and blueberries and cherries and peaches and etc. etc. I sedekah kan sedikit cherries to the local "sub surau". (Sub surau means one of the many suraus in my area, in someone's house. Not the official surau.)

I went on the taman facebook the other day, thanking my non muslim neighbours for tolerating increased traffic during this month. Their reply was that it's normal lah, and only for Ramadhan. We have to treat each other with respect. But the flagrant disregard for the rules by our brothers in Islam ni bring shame to others. A few houses have guests from outside of the neighbourhood, and they have to register with the guard. And a couple of nights ago, apparently guards kena tengking dengan the host's son for insisting on getting the registration. Refused to register. Apa salahnya register?? Are you so special that your guests do not have to comply with the same "rules" as everyone else? Sigh...

Anyway see what happens when I get going with this blog- I keep yakking and yakking..i better go..Arabic class at 4 and I have missed 2 months !! So kena lah revise... (by the way I'm learning from Bayna Yaddaik..I found the book online HERE, and I found the videos to teach HERE!!)

Bye bye ma assalamah!




Comments

Popular Posts